2. Every single dish on the menu is available gluten-free (with the exception of two pies, however there are GF pies too).
And they all seem pretty good.
3. Based in the Northern Quarter, the cafe launched in November 2013.
“The biggest challenge so far has been educating diners that gluten-free food can be, and is, perfectly normal”, Will Hannah, owner of Tea 42 told BuzzFeed. “We’ve
worked extremely hard to create a concept to show how gluten-free dishes can appeal to everyone – they are not strange, tasteless or faddy.”
4. It initially specialized in afternoon tea. Tea 42 = Tea for two (do you see).
6. But recently they’ve started to serve evening options. Like this delicious chowder.
“We currently serve upwards of 1000 covers at weekends and have recently launched an evening a la carte to meet diners’ requests. In addition to this, we are already planning on building a second kitchen and bakery to cope with the high demand.” Will Hannah explained.
7. Cocktails include the Champagne Tea.
“Berry tea infused vodka mixed with Chambord and topped with champagne.”
8. And the G & Tea.
“Green tea infused gin with tonic and lime wedge”.
9. As well as specially blended teas.
The Pornstar Mar-tea-ni shown above contains passionfruit and orange pieces, blended with fine leaf Keemun China Leaf tea.