1. Emoji Yoga (or #emoga) is yoga inspired by emojis.
2. It was created by this Londoner, Charlotte Bell, 20.
3. She gives private lessons to friends in Hackney and UCL.
4. The flow of the class is inspired by classic emojis.
According to the Evening Standard, the class starts with “a poo (turd) emoji task warm-up position. Participants adopt a foetal position – which essentially looks like a happy crap. They then stretch out for a screaming cat-face emoji, then an angry yellow person with facemask posture, followed by a dancing lady with a red dress asana.”
6. “Yoga is the perfect way to express one’s current emoji mood,” Charlotte explains.
“London is desperate to do social media rather than talk about it,” she told reporter Nimrod Kamer in the Evening Standard. “I’m tired of people misunderestimating this language, while at the same time trying to mime in a random way so that they just look like an emoji without intending to.”