We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about the products that helped them start bullet journalling. Here are the results:
1. Some pastel brush tip pens that will add a splash of colour to your layouts.
2. Get stuck into a Youtube series to help you get started.
3. Get a one-in-a-million pen that makes your handwriting shine.
4. Invest in a geometry set for ultra-precise angles.
5. Use a watercolour palette to add a gentle wash of colour to your pages.
6. Make sure you have the basics too – pencil, rubber and ruler.
7. Try a dotted journal like the Leuchtturm 1917 to help keep everything neat.
8. And a cheaper second notebook to practice in.
9. Try not to get overwhelmed with all the options available – all you really need is a journal and a pen.
10. Buy a multipack of washi tape to branch out into decorating on a budget.
11. Try out some cult fineliners to add a pop of colour to your work.
12. A set of black fineliners that you never knew you needed.
13. Some genius erasable highlighters that will save your layout time and time again.
14. Try a book that will teach you the basics of bullet journalling.
15. Or just follow your heart and add as many stickers as you can handle.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.