1. Pick up their basic items from home.
2. Bring a spare phone charger.
3. Volunteer to spread the news.
4. Don't depend on Netflix.
5. Fill up their iPod with an amazing playlist.
6. Help them get online.
7. Find out what they'd like to read.
8. Try and accommodate their cravings.
9. Arrange a snack table.
10. Put together a basket of goodies.
Things like handcream for dry skin (especially with frequent sticking plasters/ anti-bacterial gel), dry shampoo - if they can't shower, and some soothing lavender oil for their pillow, perhaps. They don't have to be fancy - places like the Body Shop do affordable kits, or you could buy a range of miniatures in the chemist.