1. To get the most out of your onions, chop them finely and cook them slowly.
2. Drink fresh orange juice as soon as you make it.
3. It will always be tricky to make fluffy short-grain rice.
4. A pinch of baking soda during pre-boil will get you crispy roast potatoes.
5. And pinch of baking soda will help polenta cook quicker.
6. Always weigh your ingredients.
7. And test the heat of your oven.
8. Pre-cook your apples for an apple pie.
9. Don't use a dark sheet pan for baking.
10. Braising meat in liquid won't to make it any juicier.
11. In fact, the solution to juicy meat lies in its pH.
12. And expensive cuts of meat aren't going to make the best stew.
13. Always toast your spices.
14. When making fresh pesto, blanch the basil first.
15. Avoid acid in your marinades for protein.
Ailbhe Malone is a campaigns manager for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Contact Ailbhe Malone at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.