Beards are great!
And you should always give your beard the care and attention it deserves.
We asked the expert groomers at Murdock for their tips:
1. It takes about three months to grow a beard.
2. Beards don't run in families.
3. Shaving won't help you grow a beard.
4. What does beard oil do?
5. "I want to grow a beard but my partner thinks it's too scratchy."
6. How do I find a beard to suit my face shape?
7. Should I buy special beard shampoo?
You can totally maintain your own beard.
8. Here are the tools you'll need to shape your own beard:
9. Firstly, brush your beard.
10. The first step is to neaten the outline.
11. Next, freehand the sides.
Brush it out again as above, and trim anything that lies away from the actual shape. Tidy up the hairs on the neck and cheeks.
12. Remember to take lots of breaks.
13. Use clippers above a comb to trim your cheeks.
This is a safety tip and a practical tip too. It stops you from cutting the beard too short, and also stops you from hurting yourself.
When trimming your sideburns, use the tip of the comb with the mini-trimmer, too.