15 Revolting Hangover Cures From History
1. Ancient Greece: Boiled cabbage.
2. Ancient Rome: Raw owl's eggs and fried canary.
3. Ancient Egypt: Put a spell on some beer.
4. Mesopotamian: Licorice.
5. Assyrians: Ground up swallow beak.
6. Middle ages: Raw eel.
7. 1600s: Goddard's Drops.
8. 1600s: Juice of Tree Ivy squirted up the nostrils.
9. 1700s: Thyme.
10. 1800s: Soot.
11. 1824: Vinegar around the temples.
A helpful hangover cure, from The Medical Adviser - pour vinegar down the afflicted's throat, and rub it in the temples too. If this didn't work, then a bucket of water over the head.