1. If you love Valentine’s Day and puns but need a gift that represents your dislike of Islamophobia, then please check out #MuslimVDay cards immediately.
3. Taz told BuzzFeed that she was tired of all the incorrect and simplistic perceptions of Muslim women and came up with the cards as an ironic response.
She also said, “Giving out Valentine’s day cards was a part of Americana growing up that I wanted to be a part of. I wanted to make cards for those of us who didn’t get that many growing because maybe it wasn’t their culture or they were different.”
4. Taz has been making Valentine’s Day cards since she was a child. It was only after she gave out the first set of #MuslimVDay cards to her friends did she decide to sell them.
7. Now it’s become an annual tradition. Throughout the year, Taz tweets out #MuslimVday puns and chooses the best ones for production.
8. Afterwards, she designs each year’s series with a different color scheme, paints them on canvas, and scans them.
Taz says that though she has had many satisfied customers, she’s hoping that one day her cards someday begin a romance.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- The US Department of Justice will keep defending Muslims under Donald Trump, top Obama administration officials said Monday.
- The UK prison service is suppressing evidence of corruption among its guards which is fueling violence behind bars.
- Grammy nominations: Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶