Recently, we asked the BuzzFeed Community for their favorite cheap eats in Atlanta and surrounding areas. Here are the best of their scrumptious responses.
1. The buttermilk pancakes at nationally recognized brunch spot Ria's Bluebird.
"So, on behalf of those who actually live in downtown, I must recommend Ria's Bluebird's buttermilk pancakes. They're ranked best pancakes in the world by the New York Times and only $7. Bonus: The location is right in heart of downtown and across from the historical Oakland Cemetery."
—Allie Alexander, Facebook
2. A Thai tea or a strawberry rhubarb popsicle from King of Pops.
"KoP thai tea pops in the summer are the best."
4. The glorious smorgasbord of options at Atlanta Food Truck Park.
"God’s gift to my hometown!"
5. The decadent Double D sliders (with grilled Krispy Kreme buns!) from Delia's Chicken Sausage Stand.
11. The classic ATL fish and grits from Thumbs Up Diner.
“It doesn’t get any more southern than the fish and grits at Thumbs Up Diner.”
17. Hot dogs and onion rings from The Varsity.
"Anything from The Varsity. It’s all horribly greasy, salty, and generally questionable but is UNDENIABLY the best cheap food in Atlanta. I mean, who doesn’t love a so-disgusting-that-it’s-delicious hot dog and heap of fries served on a paper plate?!"
Responses have been edited and condensed for clarity.