Recently, we asked the BuzzFeed Community for their favorite cheap eats in Atlanta and surrounding areas. Here are the best of their scrumptious responses.
1. The buttermilk pancakes at nationally recognized brunch spot Ria's Bluebird.
"So, on behalf of those who actually live in downtown, I must recommend Ria's Bluebird's buttermilk pancakes. They're ranked best pancakes in the world by the New York Times and only $7. Bonus: The location is right in heart of downtown and across from the historical Oakland Cemetery."
—Allie Alexander, Facebook
2. A Thai tea or a strawberry rhubarb popsicle from King of Pops.
"KoP thai tea pops in the summer are the best."
3. Any of the sweet treats at Sublime Doughnuts.
4. The glorious smorgasbord of options at Atlanta Food Truck Park.
"God’s gift to my hometown!"
5. The decadent Double D sliders (with grilled Krispy Kreme buns!) from Delia's Chicken Sausage Stand.
6. Crispy sesame fries and tong dak tacos from Hankook Taqueria.
7. The utterly obscene Porn Dog at Porter Beer Bar.
8. The massive, overstuffed burritos at El Myr.
9. A slice of cheesy goodness from Fellini's Pizza.
10. The fries and alioli from Fred’s Meat and Bread.
11. The classic ATL fish and grits from Thumbs Up Diner.
“It doesn’t get any more southern than the fish and grits at Thumbs Up Diner.”
12. The 10-for-10 delicious and tender smoked wings at The Local.
13. The award-winning shrimp and grits from The Flying Biscuit.
14. The incredibly inexpensive pho and bánh mì lunch special at Lee's Bakery on Buford Highway.
15. The spicy pork or bulgogi bowl from Ssam Burger.
16. The insanely filling cheesesteak at The Mad Italian.
17. Hot dogs and onion rings from The Varsity.
"Anything from The Varsity. It’s all horribly greasy, salty, and generally questionable but is UNDENIABLY the best cheap food in Atlanta. I mean, who doesn’t love a so-disgusting-that-it’s-delicious hot dog and heap of fries served on a paper plate?!"
18. The fried chicken and sides at Busy Bee's.
19. The Papi's Sandwich from Papi's Cuban and Caribbean Grill.
20. A gargantuan slice of peperroni pizza from Edgewood Pizza.
21. Yummy ramen from Haru Ichiban in Duluth.
22. A classic sandwich & soup from Reuben's Deli.
23. The creamy, gooey lobster bisque at the Steamhouse Lounge.
24. And the thick, classic Village Burger at Village Burger.
Responses have been edited and condensed for clarity.