1. The buttermilk pancakes at nationally recognized brunch spot Ria’s Bluebird.
“So, on behalf of those who actually live in downtown, I must recommend Ria’s Bluebird’s buttermilk pancakes. They’re ranked best pancakes in the world by the New York Times and only $7. Bonus: The location is right in heart of downtown and across from the historical Oakland Cemetery.”
—Allie Alexander, Facebook
5. The decadent Double D sliders (with grilled Krispy Kreme buns!) from Delia’s Chicken Sausage Stand.
7. The utterly obscene Porn Dog at Porter Beer Bar.
“It speaks for itself.”
10. The fries and alioli from Fred’s Meat and Bread.
“The best thing in ATL are the fries and aioli from Fred’s Meat and Bread at Krog Street Market!!! Yummy!”
13. The award-winning shrimp and grits from The Flying Biscuit.
“OH MY GAWD! Anything at Flying Biscuit!”
14. The incredibly inexpensive pho and bánh mì lunch special at Lee’s Bakery on Buford Highway.
“It is THE BEST. Buford Highway is the gem of the South. OMG I want it now.”
17. Hot dogs and onion rings from The Varsity.
“Anything from The Varsity. It’s all horribly greasy, salty, and generally questionable but is UNDENIABLY the best cheap food in Atlanta. I mean, who doesn’t love a so-disgusting-that-it’s-delicious hot dog and heap of fries served on a paper plate?!”
19. The Papi’s Sandwich from Papi’s Cuban and Caribbean Grill.
“Hands down, my favorite sandwich anywhere, ever.”
21. Yummy ramen from Haru Ichiban in Duluth.
“Ramen from Haru Ichiban in Duluth.”
24. And the thick, classic Village Burger at Village Burger.
“At Village Burger in Dunwoody Village, get a Village Burger, fries, and mouthwatering frozen custard. It’s the best burger and milkshake in the world. Everyone should go at least once in their lives.”
Responses have been edited and condensed for clarity.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- The Oakland warehouse where 36 people were killed last week may have never been subject to a fire inspection — a yearly requirement.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌