We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community about the most satisfying foods to break fast with during Ramadan. Here are the best of the hunger-inducing responses from fasting commenters.
1. Chakcouka from Algeria and elsewhere
2. Curry Prawns from Indonesia and Malaysia
3. Stuffed Grape Leaves from Egypt, Lebanon, and elsewhere
4. Vegetable Samosas from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh
5. Meat Sambusas from Somalia, Ethiopia, and Yemen
6. Adas from Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, and elsewhere
7. Fresh, cold fruit juice from pretty much everywhere
"After breaking my fast with the usual dates and water, the best is reaaaalllyyy cold fresh fruit juice made from mangoes, oranges, strawberries, apples and kiwi (yummers)."
Get a recipe for a five-ingredient smoothie here.
Submitted by Hafsa Ahmed
8. Navy Bean Pie from the United States
9. Jollof Rice and Chicken from Nigeria and elsewhere
10. Arroz Caldo from the Phillipines
11. Kolak Pisang from Indonesia
12. Vegetable Pakoras from South Asia
13. Harees from the United Arab Emirates
14. Chicken and Rice Soup from Morocco
15. Koofteh from Iran and elsewhere
16. Rooh Afza from Pakistan
17. Beef Rendang from Southeast Asia
18. Haleem from Pakistan
19. Dahi Balay from India
20. Bourek from Turkey, Algeria, and elsewhere.
21. Shami Kababs from Pakistan
22. Künefe from Turkey and elsewhere
23. And of course there's staples that are eaten worldwide, like Watermelon
24. Chicken Wraps
"Can't go wrong with chicken wraps. Or stir-fried chicken. Or a chicken pot pie. Or some homemade fried chicken. Or chicken wings. I'm sensing a theme here. Chicken chicken chicken. Gotta love chicken."
Get a recipe here!
Submitted by Abubakar Ahmad (Facebook)