So! You want to be the next brown darling of Hollywood. Thankfully, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan, or other desi male actors no longer HAVE to accept a casting as a terrorist to start their career.
The industry is slowly producing roles for diverse actors. Just manage your expectations, as you'll have to accept secondary roles that are pretty stock at first.
1. There's always "Doctor," a basic choice to start your career as an Indian actor in Hollywood.
Aasif Mandvi played Dr. Mahmood in It's Kind Of A Funny Story.
2. You could easily be cast as "Engineer" or "Scientist."
Kunal Nayyar plays Raj, an astrophysicist, in The Big Bang Theory.
3. Or challenge stereotypes by playing "IT Software Support Guy Who Is Subject To Racist Jokes" (and does NOT have a stereotypical accent).
Omi Vaidya played Sadiq on The Office.
4. There's a ton of roles as dudes with a conspicuously non-South Asian name, like "Ryan."
Pakistani-American actor Iqbal Theba was cast as Principal Figgins in Glee.
5. If none of these roles fit your range, try picking up a role as "Sexually Hapless Frat Student."
Kal Penn played Taj in Van Wilder and its sequels.
6. You may also be cast as an Arab or Mexican.
Danny Pudi, of South Asian and Polish descent, plays Abed, who is Palestinian-American, on Community.