This week on See Something Say Something, I talked to guests about the role of Arabic in American Muslim communities.
Like, what is a wallah bro? How do people text in Arabic? And how did people mispronounce your name? Listen to that conversation here.
1. More importantly, I talked about this incredible thing on Twitter where people try to say Arabic words and fail miserably.
2. Like this person, who I think is trying to say "astaghfirullah."
3. This guy too.
4. Or this person.
5. Would the response to this be "Walter Salman I like him?"
6. A staff gorilla, I hope not.
7. This needs to stop.
8. Oh my god.
9. Sometimes, it's intentional AF.
10. I think this person means "marshmallow."
11. This interviewer definitely didn't understand Arabic.
12. Neither does Lindsay Lohan.
13. Sometimes, the person is trying, but you know... just not succeeding, at all.
14. Everyone in this scenario (which is amazing, btw).
15. Aaaaand John Cena.
Here's a snippet of the segment from See Something Say Something:
How to listen:
1. If you’re on a mobile device, click this link to open in your native podcasting app.
2. Or, search for “See Something Say Something” in your podcast app of choice, like Overcast, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Acast, Apple’s built-in Podcast app, and more.
3. Be sure to subscribe, so you never miss a new episode!
If you like the show, please rate and review it on iTunes. Questions? Comments? Email email@example.com.