10. Because your professor doesn’t have an office.
The majority of college courses are now taught by part-time/adjunct faculty who are paid outrageously low wages. If your professors are adjuncts, it’s likely they don’t have access to a private office or other resources that could help them professionally and help their students succeed.
Campus Equity Week (Oct. 28-Nov. 2, 2013) is a national week of action to call attention to issues of quality and equality in our system of higher education. The AFT is working with many other faculty, student and advocacy groups to bring greater awareness to the untenable situation facing adjunct faculty. Find out more at go.aft.org/CEW2013.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Pentagon is investigating Trump's former national security adviser over payments he received from Russia-linked groups.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging incident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar issues.
- John McCain and Trump were supposed to be sworn enemies. But now the president may hire some of his former aides 🤗
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥