10 Ways To Improve Your Relationship Through Mindfulness
Mindfulness is a way to be aware of yourself and what’s going on around you. Join Aetna and #takeamoment to help improve your romantic relationships through mindfulness.
1. Notice the impact you have on each other.
2. Pay attention to your partner’s facial expressions when you’re saying something.
3. When you’re out to dinner, agree to put your smartphones away.
4. When you’re doing an activity like walking, designate part of the time to be in silence together, simply aware of sights and sounds.
5. Be present for the happy, fun moments, so they take priority.
6. Respond rather than react in the angry, fearful moments.
7. Approach your partner with curiosity so that you can continue to get to know him or her.
8. Be present for what your partner is saying without the need to solve his or her problem.
9. Relax and just listen.
10. Being present for each other will help you feel more deeply connected.
Learn more about how mindfulness can help you in your personal relationships — visit aetna.tumblr.com/tagged/personallife.
Check out the video below for inspiration:
This content is sponsored by Aetna. It is for general informational purposes only and is not meant to replace the advice, diagnosis, or treatment of a physician or other health care professional.