1. It helps if you bring a list of your regular prescribed medications with you.
2. Stick around your hospital bed in the morning so you don't miss ward round.
3. Don't be afraid to ask for painkillers or other drugs if you need them.
4. Find out when "handover" time is in your hospital.
5. Make sure you know who your main medical team is.
6. It's best to assume that your hospital doctor doesn't have all the information that your GP does.
7. Try your best to be patient, and maybe bring some reading material with you.
8. You are allowed to ask questions.
This post was written by a doctor, although it may not be representative of all doctors' opinions.