1. In Mexico, “Día de Muertos” (Day of the Dead), celebrates loved ones who have passed on. The holiday is now jointly clebrated with Halloween, and a band of intrepid thieves decided it was just the opportunity they needed to rob a jewelry store.
2. “Five individuals wearing zombie, mummy, Chucky and clown costumes, overnight Saturday broke into the shop and using small and larger weapons, subdued employees,” the public safety office said in a statement.
4. Unarmed security guards arrived on the scene but the thieves threatened them with their weapons before fleeing.
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, say the FBI.
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the London attack through its news agency, calling the assailant its "soldier."
- A Russian former MP and Putin critic was shot and killed outside an upscale hotel in Ukraine Thursday.