1. Ebony magazine unveiled its new September covers, featuring celebrities wearing hoodies, in an attempt to continue the conversation on gun violence, the “Stand Your Ground” laws, and saving young black men from violence.
2. The covers received some criticism on Twitter.
The racist trolls on our timeline objecting to our September covers need to have a seat at a Klan meeting and get out of our mentions./ Via
And so it beginsâ€¦ RT @AaronWorthing: Yes, these covers are frankly racist. @Dust92 @EBONYMag/ Via
4. Ebony got in a shot at the Tea Party.
We have so many Tea Party readers and followers. To lose all zero of them due to our September cover would be devastating./ Via
5. And that was all it took for #WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY to become a thing.
#WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY is like vegans boycotting barbeques./ Via
#WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY is like me boycotting tanning salons./ Via
#WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY is now entering its 68th year!/ Via
Maria Lia Calvo
#WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY is like kim kardashian condemning promiscuity./ Via
#WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY is like atheists boycotting http://t.co/s7zRHxfSx3/ Via
Hey Tea-party, in our Family, we take orders from our conscience & higher power, NOT you #WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY
What’s funnier: #WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY or #LatinosBoycottingTheTeaParty? #Latism/ Via
#WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY Is like people from Mexico saying Taco Bell reminds them of home./ Via
#WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY is like Fox being fair and balanced./ Via
In response to #WhitePeopleBoycottingEBONY I am boycotting http://t.co/gFVUVssCM1!!!/ Via
- Hillary Clinton accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination, and had some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.