1. West Orange High School students in Orlando, Florida, chose Semone Adkins and Bubba Hunter as homecoming queen and king, a couple with Down syndrome.
“This makes my heart SO happy!” wrote Elizabeth James, 17. “So proud of the student body at West Orange High School for making these 2 down-syndrome teens their Homecoming Queen and King tonight!”
2. It’s the first time two students with Down syndrome were awarded the honor in Florida, the Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida told WFTV.
5. The couple’s mothers were overjoyed.
“I am so happy. Words cannot express what I am feeling right now. I am so proud of him,” Hunter’s mother, Janice Morgan, said to WFTV. “We love you guys.”
“She is a beautiful girl. Not just outside but inside also,” said Karen McNeil, Adkins’ mother.
7. The hero we need.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎