2. From The Onion:
Citing a wide range of deals customers will “never forget,” fast food chain Subway announced an exciting new promotion this week to honor and commemorate Subtember 11. “With a number of terrific discounts on special sandwiches as well as our classic footlongs, you’ll always remember where you were on Subtember 11.”
3. Subway was less than enthused.
Like everyone, we are deeply offended by the fake story and ad created by The Onion.
4. Some said they found it in poor taste.
I understand humor, but is The Onion’s 9/11 “Fly on In” @SUBWAY ad/article funny? I don’t think so … http://t.co/Bh3COJhEkd
I usually love @TheOnion but this is deeply offensive to me http://t.co/l7IC41gAvB
6. And of course the internet was mean to Subway about it too.
@SUBWAY i’m not. i’m offended by how disgusting your weird-ass mini pizzas are. why do you serve those?
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina is on the cusp of being repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal bill still allows discrimination.
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law, is meeting with senators to revive a bill designed to reduce mass incarceration and recidivism.
- Trump's first meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will take place at the president's Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida April 6 and 7.
- And a bunch of world leaders fell asleep at an international summit and the pictures are pretty amazing 😴