1. Here’s assistant state attorney John Guy manhandling a foam dummy.
He used the prop to describe the altercation between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.
2. Then he got on top of it.
3. Even defense attorney Mark O’Mara got in on the action.
5. And in an increasingly awkward exchange, Judge Debra Nelson questioned Zimmerman about his plans to testify.
Defense attorney Don West objected to the question three times, being overruled each time. Eventually, Nelson sternly admonished him with, “Your objection is overruled!”
Zimmerman said he needed more time before making his final decision later.
George Zimmerman tells Judge Debra Nelson that he will NOT testify in the case against him. #CNN #trayvonmartin
The defense rested its case on Wednesday and the prosecution will call two to three rebuttal witnesses.
- President Obama commuted the federal sentences of 111 prisoners, the most granted by a US president in a single month.
- BuzzFeed News exposes a secretive legal system that allows corporations to intimidate entire countries with one threat.
- And Apple has to repay up to €13 billion ($14.5 billion) in illegal tax benefits to Ireland, the European Commission has ruled.