1. Rachel Jeantel, the last person to speak to Trayvon Martin, testified for the second day in a row on Thursday.
In a long, drawn-out time on the witness stand she has repeatedly clashed with defense attorney Don West as he seeks to clarify and poke holes in her testimony that could go a long way toward finding George Zimmerman guilty of murdering Martin.
2. Testimony that has often been raw and devoid of any pretense that Jeantel wanted to be on the witness stand has led many online to criticize her and the prosecution for not preparing her better, while also causing supporters to rush to her defense.
Terrible job by the prosecution preparing this witness. #zimmermantrial #TrayvonMartin #RachelJeantel
So this whole Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman trial is interesting, but the Rachel Jeantel lady is really making herself look bad in court
Young black Americans please let Rachel Jeantel be a lesson its not cool, funny, or excited to act and sound uneducated #zimmermantrial
5. Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones gave her two cents and caught all kinds of flack for her comment.
Rachel Jeantel looked so irritated during the cross-examination that I burned it on DVD and I’m going to sell it as Madea goes to court.
6. Jeantel was questioned concerning the letter she had a friend write to Martin’s mother about what she saw. Asked to read it out loud, she said she couldn’t, because “I don’t read cursive.”
7. Defenders of Jeantel reminded others that she was testifying because she was the person who spoke to Martin right before he was killed.
Jack,Jac,Jac ya body
Trying to imagine the type of pressure Rachel Jeantel is under. Having to defend your slain friend, on national TV at such a young age.
I feel for the girl testifying in the Trayvon Martin case. I wouldn’t be the best witness if I talked to my friend as they were murdered
How often have you been on the phone with a friend who is being stalked by someone and that stalker kills your friend?#trayvonmartin
Rachel Jeantel is a brave young lady, real and raw in her testimony. If I were her parents, I’d be so very proud of her. #StandwithRachel
11. Zimmerman and his attorney did not seem to enjoy the process of asking Jeantel questions.
12. Due to Jeantel’s crucial testimony that she heard Martin yell, “Get off, get off!” before the call cut off, the defense was tough in its cross-examination of her, seeking to discredit her statements. Many were put off by the combative questioning.
Watching this Trayvon Martin trial. This is sickening… He is pounding her with questions this is so sad !!
Is Rachel Jeantel on trial — I’m trying to remember who is actually facing charges here. @thecrisismag
Treating her as a Hostile Witness… Badgering the witness!!!!#trayvonmartin justice will prevail
15. In two days, Jeantel was on the stand for seven hours and the defense expressed an interest in possibly bringing her back later on in the trial. She was happy to leave Thursday, however.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign manager accused Russia of backing a leak of Democratic party emails to secretly help Trump's presidential chances.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.