2. Kennedy Center president Michael M. Kaiser (top right), will be marrying economist John Roberts in Washington D.C., which is among 13 states and 17 other countries that now recognize same-sex marriages.
3. “I think it will be one more statement that people who love each other and want to live together should be able to enjoy the blessings and the strife in the marriage relationship,” Ginsburg said in a recent interview.
4. Ginsburg and Kaiser are close friends and she an ardent supporter of the fine arts, especially opera, the Post reports.
5. Ginsburg, 80, marked her 20th year on the court last month and continues to be involved in significant cases.
Earlier this summer, Ginsburg was in the majority in a pair of major gay rights victories at the Supreme Court. The court said the federal government may not refuse to recognize legally married gay couples and reinstated a lower court ruling that found California’s ban on same-sex marriages unconstitutional.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the UK economy ✈️
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏