1. Rachel Jeantel, who testified about her last conversation with Trayvon Martin during the George Zimmerman trial, has appeared on CNN since the verdict was announced and Wednesday spoke with The Grio’s Joy-Ann Reid on MSNBC.
2. Jeantel addressed a tweet by Olympic runner Lolo Jones who made fun of her while she was testifying. Jones has since deleted the tweet.
3. “Lolo Jones, I thought of her as a joke,” Jeantel said. “She was funny. She’s a hater. To me she’s a hater. I had a whole lot of haters.”
“She said I act like Madea. Madea has her money too. We can work together,” she said.
Jeantel also talked about the torrent of disparaging comments she received.
“For other people, you can disrespect me, all that, it’s not going to hurt me. I’m just adding you to my hater list.”
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀