1. Aaron Hernandez is being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, The Boston Globe reports.
The Boston Globe
BREAKING NEWS: Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez faces murder and other charges. Hernandez arraigned in Attleboro District…
The Boston Globe
BREAKING (cont): Other charges include illegal possession of a firearm.
3. Boston Globe reporter in the courtroom.
#Hernandez’s (undestroyed) phone included texts to the victim and two friends on the night of murder.
Prosecutor: Police have #Hernandez on tape with firearm and saying “you can’t trust anyone anymore” before picking up Lloyd.
Prosecutor: #Hernandez mad that Lloyd talked to people he didn’t like on previous Friday night at Club Rumor.
6. Aaron Hernandez was being investigated for over a week in a murder case when the hammer finally fell all at once.
7. The tight end was reportedly with victim Odin Lloyd on the night of his death. Authorities investigated Hernandez and visited his house; Hernandez reportedly then destroyed his surveillance system and hired professionals to clean his home.
Cuffed Aaron Hernandez just put into cruiser #7news
8. The Patriots then cut him loose.
New England Patriots
The New England #Patriots have released Aaron Hernandez.
9. The team expressed sympathy to Lloyd’s family:
“A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”
10. According to a reporter for the NFL Network, it is still possible that another team could claim Hernandez.
Aaron Hernandez, with three years of service, has to go through waivers. Should know tomorrow at 4 p.m. if someone claims him.
11. It looks like Hernandez won’t be tweeting much for a while. Here are his last three tweets.
- President Donald Trump has commented on yesterday's massive Women's Marches asking, "why didn't these people vote?"
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.