4. Mayer added that in addition to being the face of Yahoo News and shooting features for the homepage, Couric will continue to host her syndicated daytime talk show, Katie.
“At Yahoo, we are investing in bringing our users the absolute best content and video experiences available,” Mayer said.
“She’s a very brand-friendly personality, especially for a female audience,” analyst Greg Sterling said to Bloomberg. “They’re looking to get TV-style brand advertisers to spend with them.”
5. Yahoo has recently made a number of high-profile hires, former New York Times tech columnist David Pogue.
- France will take its first step to electing a new president today and the future of the EU could depend on the outcome 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.