1. Sergio Romo is the closer for the San Francisco Giants — a fiery guy, who wears his heart on his sleeve.
2. He received a lot of attention for wearing an “I just look illegal,” T-shirt during the team’s championship parade last year as commentary on the hot topic of immigration.
Romo, whose father is the son of Mexican migrant farmworkers, was raised in the border town of Brawley, Calif.
Jose Antonio Vargas
You cannot tell who looks “illegal.” No human being is illegal. Thank u, @SergioRomo54. #GoGiants @DefineAmerican
5. The Three Twins Ice Cream Facebook page was hilarious about it.
In the comments, the company said that it doesn’t think it’ll be able to sell the ice cream at Giants games because it’s not affiliated with the team. But both fans and ice cream aficionados alike were pumped about the flavor and the commentary.
- The Democratic National Convention kicks off today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Two people were killed and at least 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.