2. The stop by police in Forney, a city near Dallas, on Sunday reportedly lasted five minutes:
Zimmerman was speeding in Forney, Texas on Sunday, just after noon, when he was stopped by police. Zimmerman told cops he was headed “nowhere in particular,” and informed them he had a firearm in his glove compartment.
4. Zimmerman’s race was the subject of intense debate during the trial, with Zimmerman himself saying he identifies as Hispanic. The police report from the speeding stop lists him as white.
#BREAKING. Just obtained from source a copy of the police report of Zimmerman traffic stop
- The U.S. Justice Dept. will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, the suspect in last summer's Charleston church shooting.
- Police are removing thousands of refugees from an informal refugee camp on Greece's border with Macedonia.
- A Pennsylvania judge has ordered Bill Cosby to face trial for a felony sex-assault case from 2004.