2. The stop by police in Forney, a city near Dallas, on Sunday reportedly lasted five minutes:
Zimmerman was speeding in Forney, Texas on Sunday, just after noon, when he was stopped by police. Zimmerman told cops he was headed “nowhere in particular,” and informed them he had a firearm in his glove compartment.
4. Zimmerman’s race was the subject of intense debate during the trial, with Zimmerman himself saying he identifies as Hispanic. The police report from the speeding stop lists him as white.
#BREAKING. Just obtained from source a copy of the police report of Zimmerman traffic stop
- Some Bernie-or-Busters protested Hillary Clinton's DNC speech, but a tightly organized plan — from coordinated chants to secret allies — kept heckling off TV.
- Two brothers suspected of planning terror attacks have been arrested in Belgium, prosecutors say.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.