1. In a video from 2010, Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the Duck Dynasty reality show family, who was suspended from the show for anti-gay comments, goes on at length about his feelings about the ills of homosexuality.
He goes on the rant after the 17-minute mark.
2. “They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, god haters, they are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless, they invent ways of doing evil,” he said.
Robertson quotes the Bible and invokes the founding fathers often during his 50-minute speech. He also quotes Romans 1:26–32, widely used to decry homosexuality.
3. Robertson added that the Bible states those who don’t believe in God will “dishonor their bodies with one another, degrade each other,” with “gross sexual immorality,” he said. “Is that going on in the United States of America? Look around.”
4. He even used the Bible to rail against people who don’t think you should eat meat.
5. In a statement, his family said it cannot imagine the show going forward without him.
- Authorities are removing Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀