2. “Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18–49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager.
“I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” Kirkman said. “The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”
3. The announcement comes fresh on the heels of AMC announcing a Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.
4. Unsurprisingly, some poked fun at the new show on Twitter.
Soon from AMC: “Walking Dead: Here’s Some More Survivors, I Guess”
Best hope for BETTER CALL SAUL & AMC’s just-announced WALKING DEAD spinoff would be if they were the same show
I’m away from the computer for a while and then I discover there might be a Walking Dead spinoff. Yeah, that’ll work out well.
7. The show has a target air date of 2015. Season four of The Walking Dead returns to AMC on Oct. 13.
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- Almost a month after the election, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory has conceded defeat to Democrat Roy Cooper. He had previously alleged voter fraud.
- Jill Stein filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without pulling out their wallets 👀🍎