2. “Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18–49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager.
“I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” Kirkman said. “The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”
3. The announcement comes fresh on the heels of AMC announcing a Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.
4. Unsurprisingly, some poked fun at the new show on Twitter.
Soon from AMC: “Walking Dead: Here’s Some More Survivors, I Guess”
Best hope for BETTER CALL SAUL & AMC’s just-announced WALKING DEAD spinoff would be if they were the same show
I’m away from the computer for a while and then I discover there might be a Walking Dead spinoff. Yeah, that’ll work out well.
7. The show has a target air date of 2015. Season four of The Walking Dead returns to AMC on Oct. 13.
- Neilson Rizzuto has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," and "Aliens."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹