2. “Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18–49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager.
“I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” Kirkman said. “The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”
3. The announcement comes fresh on the heels of AMC announcing a Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.
4. Unsurprisingly, some poked fun at the new show on Twitter.
Soon from AMC: “Walking Dead: Here’s Some More Survivors, I Guess”
Best hope for BETTER CALL SAUL & AMC’s just-announced WALKING DEAD spinoff would be if they were the same show
I’m away from the computer for a while and then I discover there might be a Walking Dead spinoff. Yeah, that’ll work out well.
7. The show has a target air date of 2015. Season four of The Walking Dead returns to AMC on Oct. 13.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋