1. This is the most beautiful flag in the world.
2. Marc Anthony can do no wrong.
The best-selling salsa singer of all time wears his love for Puerto Rico on his sleeve.
3. Watching him sing “Preciosa,” about his love for the island, in Puerto Rico, with the crowd singing every word, gives you chills.
8. Puerto Rico’s beaches are paradise.
12. El Yunque looks like the magical island on LOST.
13. This song, “No hay cama pa tanta gente,” by El Gran Combo, translates to “There isn’t a bed for all these people,” and it’s funnier in Spanish.
15. Las Cuevas de Camuy is basically the original Batcave, and the sounds of bats were recorded for Batman and Pirates of the Caribbean shot there too.
18. You heard the Piña Colada was invented in Puerto Rico and thought, “Yeah, that makes perfect sense.”
19. No matter how hot it is, a piragua always makes everything better.
20. You go to Guavate for all of the pork. All of the tasty, delicious, juicy, tender, oh-my-god-want-it-right-now pork.
21. Bomba y plena are defining musical sounds of Puerto Rico and the Afro-Puerto Rican population.
24. Roberto Clemente was and always will be a hero.
27. There are parrandas.
31. After all that, you thank Puerto Rican’s ancestors, the Taino Indians, whose language gave us the words “barbecue” and, most importantly, “hammock.”
33. So when you see something like this, you feel pride well up in your heart.
34. And you’ll listen to this thinking just one thing…
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- Facebook will start globally rolling out three features today on iOS and Android that strongly resemble Snapchat. They're called Camera, Direct, and Stories.