UPDATE: Re-posted to commemorate Jeter’s announcement that 2014 will be his last season.
1. The moment when it all started.
3. His majestic jump throws.
5. Every time Bob Sheppard introduced him.
8. That fact that he ended up being the only shortstop from this ’97 photo that mattered.
9. When his eyes were like two freshly watered infields.
11. When we found out his alter ego was named…Philip.
Really? Philip? Not even Phil?
12. When you saw this art in motion and resolved to (force) encourage your children to bat like this.
13. When you saw “the flip,” one of the most incredible feats in human history.
14. When he dove into the stands and it was the most amazing thing you had ever seen.
15. My God, then he did it again against the Red Sox.
You saw this and knew you would have given up your body to save your hero from hitting the seats.
16. When you wanted to stretch with your BFF and die laughing the way Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada did.
They were the best BFF’s ever.
17. When you first saw this and it made you smile. Or more than that. OK, you wept.
18. When his 3,000th hit was a home run at Yankee Stadium.
You alternated between shrieking excitedly, “No, he didn’t!” and “Of course, he did!” before fainting.
19. When Christian Lopez, the Yankee fan who caught Jeter’s 3,000th hit home run, asked for nothing. You would have done the same.
OK that’s not true, you would have sold it on eBay for six figures.
20. When all was right with the world as Jeter did this at the end of games.
21. When his comeback a few weeks ago prompted this tweet from Major League Baseball.
In case you hadnâ€™t heard, some guy named Derek Jeter came back and did Derek Jeter things: http://t.co/Zx6FzOxsLo/ Via
23. And maybe this is all why you think he’s got a little more magic left. You just know he’ll have more moments to come up big again.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.