The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is in its 87th year, and though it was threatened by wind, the balloons flew in the end.
1. Spider-Man was there, ready to shoot his web.
2. Sonic made an appearance, considerably slower than usual.
3. Old favorite Snoopy was there, just floating.
4. Spongebob Squarepants took flight, with police ready for his zany antics.
5. Old reliable Tom Turkey was in attendance, bringing along some Pilgrims.
6. Hello Kitty was there, adorably expressionless.
8. Ronald McDonald was in attendance giving a thumbs-up.
10. Santa was there, with a little extra swag.
11. Happy the Hippo was smiling even when the parade was in doubt because of expected high winds.
But not everyone was happy about the SeaWorld float making an appearance.
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌