The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is in its 87th year, and though it was threatened by wind, the balloons flew in the end.
1. Spider-Man was there, ready to shoot his web.
2. Sonic made an appearance, considerably slower than usual.
3. Old favorite Snoopy was there, just floating.
4. Spongebob Squarepants took flight, with police ready for his zany antics.
5. Old reliable Tom Turkey was in attendance, bringing along some Pilgrims.
6. Hello Kitty was there, adorably expressionless.
8. Ronald McDonald was in attendance giving a thumbs-up.
10. Santa was there, with a little extra swag.
11. Happy the Hippo was smiling even when the parade was in doubt because of expected high winds.
But not everyone was happy about the SeaWorld float making an appearance.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- Italy declared a state of emergency in the regions hardest hit by Wednesday's earthquake. At least 267 people have died and 400 others were injured.
- France's highest court just reversed the burkini ban imposed on a town near Nice, a human rights group lawyer said.