There's no doubt about it: The health of our ocean is at an all-time low. Global ocean pollution is growing at an exponential rate, with approximately 1.4 billion pounds of trash entering the ocean each year!
There's no better time than now to take some action on this growing issue. So here are the small things you can do to make a great impact on the future health of our ocean.
1. Make the simple switch to reusable products.
2. Eat more sustainable seafood.
3. Do what you can to reduce your carbon footprint.
4. Go green and replace petroleum for plant-based motor oil.
5. Dispose of hazardous materials carefully and safely.
6. Take care of your lawn with less fertilizer.
7. Pick up after yourself when you're near coastal waters.
8. Purchase ocean-friendly products.
9. Be the one who influences change in your community.
All images from iStock.