1. It gets your mind away from the pain of the Sunday morning hangover
2. It’s a great reason to throw a day party
3. The light beer commercials remind you of the great times you had over the weekend
4. You can rep your home state
5. It gives you a reason to meet cute people who are also wearing your team’s gear
6. You can talk smack to people from states you despise
7. Sunday is laundry day, so the end of each quarter marks when you go to the machine
8. You and your girlfriend/boyfriend found the same celebrity to admire, although for different reasons
9. It's the perfect reason to procrastinate
10. You can visit the local sports bar and eat some wings
11. You can yell at the television set instead of your roommates
12. There is the potential to beat your fraternity in fantasy football
13. The athletes remind you that you should head to the gym
14. No explanation needed
15. If the game goes into overtime, you’ll have an excuse for being late to chapter meeting
16. You can admire all the impressive suits during the pregame show
17. Any football game can be turned into a drinking game
18. Especially if your team loses
19. NFL Red Zone has so much action that no adderral is required
20. If your professor's favorite team wins, they’ll be in a good mood
21. Because it's AMERICAN football
22. No one judges you for getting pizza delivered
23. Instant replay reminds you about how amazing technology is today
24. Football is awesome!
25. And way better than soccer...
26. You can bond with total strangers
27. NFL season means school is starting! YEAH!!!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!