1. Now That’s What I Call Music! 49 debuted atop the Billboard 200 this week.
2. With 98,000 copies sold, it beat out the Frozen soundtrack, which sold 88,000 copies.
3. There have been FORTY NINE of these things.
4. Now 49 features hot contemporary jams such and Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball and Britney Spears’ Work, Work, which is an edited version of Work, Bitch.
5. Now compilations have been a fixture since 1998, though you probably didn’t realize they’re still releasing them sixteen years later.
The original release featured music from Marcy Playground, Aqua, Harvey Danger, and K-Ci & JoJo.
6. 15 incarnations of the Now anthology have reached number 1 on the charts, a record that’s second only the The Beatles’ 19 number ones.
7. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP???
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘