1. Now That’s What I Call Music! 49 debuted atop the Billboard 200 this week.
2. With 98,000 copies sold, it beat out the Frozen soundtrack, which sold 88,000 copies.
3. There have been FORTY NINE of these things.
4. Now 49 features hot contemporary jams such and Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball and Britney Spears’ Work, Work, which is an edited version of Work, Bitch.
5. Now compilations have been a fixture since 1998, though you probably didn’t realize they’re still releasing them sixteen years later.
The original release featured music from Marcy Playground, Aqua, Harvey Danger, and K-Ci & JoJo.
6. 15 incarnations of the Now anthology have reached number 1 on the charts, a record that’s second only the The Beatles’ 19 number ones.
7. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP???
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick for EPA chief, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺