1. Now That’s What I Call Music! 49 debuted atop the Billboard 200 this week.
2. With 98,000 copies sold, it beat out the Frozen soundtrack, which sold 88,000 copies.
3. There have been FORTY NINE of these things.
4. Now 49 features hot contemporary jams such and Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball and Britney Spears’ Work, Work, which is an edited version of Work, Bitch.
5. Now compilations have been a fixture since 1998, though you probably didn’t realize they’re still releasing them sixteen years later.
The original release featured music from Marcy Playground, Aqua, Harvey Danger, and K-Ci & JoJo.
6. 15 incarnations of the Now anthology have reached number 1 on the charts, a record that’s second only the The Beatles’ 19 number ones.
7. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP???
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝
- Fitbit has announced two new versions of the super-popular Charge HR and Flex, marking the first time that it has reimagined any of its existing devices ⌚️