1. Because in the ’90s, MTV wasn’t afraid to be weird with its promos.
2. Because there’s never been a more perfect mouthpiece of a generation than Daria and Jane.
3. Because nobody since Aeon Flux has excited you and confused you at the same time.
6. Because now The Real World is but a shell of its ’90s greatness.
Who could forget the scandalous Lyme Disease Incident of 1998?
7. ‘Cause only in the ’90s would MTV give a show to a pair of sock puppets.
12. “The Bum Bum Song” was probably the first thing you downloaded on Napster.
Yeah, don’t pretend you weren’t obsessed with this when you were 11.
13. Because nothing since Beavis and Butthead has been so brilliantly asinine.
14. (Beavis and Butthead also taught you which music videos to snark on.)
17. Winter Steele made you want to buy a motorcycle when you grew up.
19. And Singled Out was the perfect roadmap on what not to do in relationships.
20. Plus, The Head helped you cope with feeling like an outsider.
21. And oh yeah, didn’t MTV used to play music videos?
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.