Voice acting is a craft that deserves recognition.
The Academy sort of remedied this by opting to nominate literally 500 films Best Picture, allowing for a few comedies to sneak it, but the Golden Globes got it right in having a separate category for Comedy.
4. Winner: The Heat.
Who doesn’t want to live in a world where every Step Up movie wins an Oscar?
6. Winner: toss-up between James Wan for Fast & Furious 6 and Samir and Arsh Tanna for Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela
Here’s an idea: the statue for this category could be a miniature. Aww.
The Academy needs to quit stuntin’ and recognize how hard stunt actors work.
Sometimes the opening credits are the best part of a movie (and the category was actually proposed officially in 1999).
13. Winner: toss-up between Alexis Beaumont and Michel Pecqueur for La Vraie Vie Des Profs and Aaron Becker for The Conjuring.
There’s an Oscar for Best Score, but isn’t it about time we start treating mix tapes with the respect they deserve?
16. Winner: Baz Luhrmann for The Great Gatsby.
The Screen Actors Guild honors ensemble casts, so why not the Academy? Sometimes the sum is greater than the parts.
18. Winner: everyone (but mostly Meryl Streep) for August: Osage County.
It seems a little unfair to hold kids to the acting standards of adults, so why not make it a separate category?
20. Winner: Onata Aprile for What Maisie Knew.
21. Honorable mention: Mana Ashida for Pacific Rim.
BECAUSE LIFE IS A STAGE!!!
23. Winner: Tilda Fucking Swinton, because she’s an alien goddess from outer space who sleeps in glass boxes.
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- Facebook will start globally rolling out three features today on iOS and Android that strongly resemble Snapchat. They're called Camera, Direct, and Stories.