Nothing against Princess Peach, but she's sort of useless.
She's mostly helpless and rarely shows initiative when captured, instead sitting around and waiting for Mario to come save her ass.
In the past 28 years she's been kidnapped by Bowser at least a dozen times. Maybe it's time for Mario to realize Peach and Bowser secretly have a thing going and bounce.
1. Samus Aran (Metroid Series)
2. Princess Daisy (Mario series)
3. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil series)
4. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series)
5. Chun-Li (Street Fighter series)
6. Tetra (Legend of Zelda series)
7. Lina (Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic)
As a kid everyone chose Peach in Super Mario Bros. 2 because she could fly. Thing is, that wasn't really Peach. The original Japanese version of the game was called Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic and the floating girl was a badass chick named Lina.