1. On Wednesday, producer-directors Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg (This Is the End) tweeted a first look at the poster for their new comedy, The Interview.
In the movie, Rogen and James Franco play the producer and star of a celebrity tabloid TV show who unwittingly land an interview with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un — and are recruited by the CIA to assassinate him.
The poster, however, is filled with exactly the kind of anti-American propaganda slogans one could expect to find in North Korea. Along with the phrase “Western capitalist pigs” to describe Rogen and Goldberg, there are several comically provocative phrases in Korean.
3. The text right beneath the stars’ names proclaims, “Do not trust stupid Americans!”
Another possible translation is slightly kinder: “Don’t believe these ignorant Americans!”
(The small text to the left and right of the title, meanwhile, translates to the film’s title.)
4. These tanks are similarly adorned with the same threatening language on the missiles: “War will begin.”
5. While the fine print at the bottom of the poster pretty much reiterates the opening tagline, roughly translating to: “Awful work by the ‘pigs’ that created Neighbors and This Is the End.”
6. The Interview is scheduled to open on Oct. 10, 2014. You can watch the trailer below:
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭