1. In a New York magazine interview earlier this year, Steven Soderbergh said he had a “shadow” account on Twitter.
A few days later, Collider’s Steven Weintraub said Soderbergh confirmed to him that the account is @Bitchuation. It’s unverified by Twitter, but the photo attached to the profile certainly looks like Soderbergh.
2. Late on Sunday, @Bitchuation started tweeting a novella called Glue. It started with two epigraphs, and then started in on the novella. Here is the first chapter in full.
â€œI am a human being, so nothing human is strange to me.â€ Terentius— Bitchuation
â€œAll humans are madmen when alone.â€ Francios Mauriac— Bitchuation
I will now attempt to tweet a novella called GLUE.— Bitchuation
Amsterdam. http://t.co/K7BKflK17w— Bitchuation
It was difficult for you not to assume the worst after the way your funeral went down. The whole thing seemed like a parody of itself.— Bitchuation
Like anything else, the #&%# was only valuable because everyone wanted it and nobody had it.— Bitchuation
Youâ€™ve become the receptacle for everything forgotten, and an impulse can only be ignored for so long before people begin to wonder.— Bitchuation
Everything that used to be a foregone conclusion was for saleâ€”cheapâ€”and regret was a dead battery. http://t.co/47HfFZtGmG— Bitchuation
The window reminds you that you havenâ€™t been in one place for more than a week in four years. http://t.co/m78b98AsnM— Bitchuation
A message: Paris by train. Overnight.— Bitchuation
H always said, â€œThe hours are great if you agree to work whenever they want you to.â€— Bitchuation
After all, itâ€™s easy to imagine the worst and the pay isnâ€™t too bad, either. Why else have you been saying yes?— Bitchuation
But now thereâ€™s a new definition of permanent, and the same page is something for everyone to get off of.— Bitchuation
The smart move is to pull up stakes and head for the nearest clichÃ©. But you donâ€™t.— Bitchuation
The hotel in Paris is a womb. No message from D. http://t.co/PfnWMUtxk0— Bitchuation
Your first memory of her was her neck. Neither of you said anything worth hearing that night, the first of three at the Nacional.— Bitchuation
Where the entire 6th floor is wired like Marilynâ€™s bedroom. But that was okay. You were supposed to be married.— Bitchuation
The American liaison had a worried look. And the joke about ordering breakfast into the lamp didnâ€™t help.— Bitchuation
A successful trip all in all, even if death was on the menu and your employer owns your history. http://t.co/i5wr2KBFJT— Bitchuation
Never heard if they found Luis or not. Hopefully not. http://t.co/umLUHYsc6M— Bitchuation
A text from D. breaks the spell: Meet with S at 2000 hrs at Apt 23. _______ restaurant at 2130hrs to follow.— Bitchuation
If S was in Paris, then so was the #&%#. Good to know. http://t.co/mbon8vRYXo— Bitchuation
28. Soderbergh — or, at least, @Bitchuation — continues to tweet chapters on his feed.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈