1. During the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, American automaker Chevrolet debuted two ads that included LGBT couples and families.
One ad featured real couples via social media, like Francis and Cassius, whose wedding video has been on Vimeo since Sept., 2012.
5. The ads are the latest pointed display of support for LGBT rights from an American company in the face of Russia’s anti-LGBT laws.
“Recent LGBT-inclusive ads like these not only raise the bar for the advertising industry,” said GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis in a statement, “but also reflect the growing support and acceptance of LGBT people. It’s about time my children were able to turn on the television and see families like their own represented in mainstream advertising.”
6. Watch both ads here:
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀