1. During the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, American automaker Chevrolet debuted two ads that included LGBT couples and families.
One ad featured real couples via social media, like Francis and Cassius, whose wedding video has been on Vimeo since Sept., 2012.
5. The ads are the latest pointed display of support for LGBT rights from an American company in the face of Russia’s anti-LGBT laws.
“Recent LGBT-inclusive ads like these not only raise the bar for the advertising industry,” said GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis in a statement, “but also reflect the growing support and acceptance of LGBT people. It’s about time my children were able to turn on the television and see families like their own represented in mainstream advertising.”
6. Watch both ads here:
- Donald Trump says he and Mexican President Peña Nieto discussed the wall in their meeting, but not who will pay for it 🤔
- Brazil's senate has voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Researchers have found the first identical twin puppies ever in the dog species 🐶 🐶