Yes! Hummus! In a movie theater!
OK, it’s mostly flavored milk, but still — milk! At the movies!
More healthy options for the whole family — although it does have just about as much sugar as soda-pop.
4. Fruit smoothies
I sampled the mango. It was pretty delicious.
5. Cotton candy in a bag
Although the Hello Kitty branding is sort of gilding the lily — or sweetening the giant cloud of sugar, as it were.
6. Cupcake-flavored popcorn
I know! From the fine folks at Popcornopolis, it’s actually just popcorn coated in white chocolate and sprinkles, but it sure does taste like a cupcake.
7. Self-serve milkshake blending machine
You even get to select how thick you want your shake. If I wasn’t lactose intolerant, I would spend all the money to have one in my house. (As it is, I downed four pills for just a few drags off that super-thick chocolate shake above. F’real, y’all.)
8. Chili powder lollipop
It was described to me as “spicy and sour,” and after sampling the cherry flavor and nearly inhaling my cheeks, I would agree. It also comes in mango, cucumber, and chamoy flavors.
9. Takis and Salsaghetti
“Salsaghetti,” in case you were wondering, is straws of watermelon-flavored candy sprinkled with tamarind sauce. It is a most unique experience.
These both came from the same booth as the chili powder lollys above, and it was one of the most well visited booths I saw at CinemaCon. Which makes sense when you learn that, per capita, Latinos are more likely to actually go to the movies than any other ethnic group.
10. White Castle
Too late for Harold and Kumar, but not for you.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲