1. Here’s a totally more healthy snack than the usual Tater Tots that are a perfect little appetizer or afternoon treat.
2. Broccoli Tots
12 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
⅔ cup bread crumbs
Salt & pepper
Optional: 2 tsp Sriracha (optional but recommended!)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Aggressively season with salt. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for about two minutes. Drain and finely chop the cooked broccoli. In a mixing bowl, add broccoli, scallions, garlic, cheddar, egg, and bread crumbs. Optional: Add hot sauce of choice. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator for 15–20 minutes.
Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray. Shape the mixture into tot shapes and spread them evenly on the sheet.
Bake for 8–9 minutes. Flip and then bake for an additional 8–9 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Friday afternoon.
- Obama's student loan forgiveness efforts will likely cost taxpayers tens of billions of dollars more than expected 👀💵
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a women decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄