1. 1. Everybody who was anybody read Heart of Darkness.
2. 2.The Panhard et Levassor was the vehicle of choice.
3. 3. All the cool kids listened to ragtime.
4. 4. It was all about that full length a-line skirt.
5. 5. You couldn’t wait for the next Sherlock Holmes story in Strand Magazine.
6. 6. You wanted to go see the first modern Olympic Games in Athens.
7. 7. Nikolai Tesla started playing around with wireless electricity.
8. 8. No one really liked the Spanish American War all that much.
9. 9. Oscar Wilde began his tempestuous affair with Lord Alfred Douglas
10. 10. Queen Victoria celebrated her Diamond Jubilee.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️