1. 1. Everybody who was anybody read Heart of Darkness.
2. 2.The Panhard et Levassor was the vehicle of choice.
3. 3. All the cool kids listened to ragtime.
4. 4. It was all about that full length a-line skirt.
5. 5. You couldn’t wait for the next Sherlock Holmes story in Strand Magazine.
6. 6. You wanted to go see the first modern Olympic Games in Athens.
7. 7. Nikolai Tesla started playing around with wireless electricity.
8. 8. No one really liked the Spanish American War all that much.
9. 9. Oscar Wilde began his tempestuous affair with Lord Alfred Douglas
10. 10. Queen Victoria celebrated her Diamond Jubilee.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- More than 100 people are reportedly injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.