We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An adjustable wood shelf to put next to your computer and keep any books or materials you need close by and at the ready.
2. A rotating timer you can set for a specific amount of time to help with your productivity and also to remind yourself that you need to take a break every once in a while.
You can set the timer for 5-, 10-, 15-, 20-, and 30-minute blocks by rotating it to the time you want. Then it will start the countdown. There are also four volume options in case you don't want to disrupt any other people in your home.
Promising review: "I love this timer to keep me on task while working from home! For the price, I was honestly impressed with the quality. My only suggestion would be an option for the display to stay backlit. You can press the snooze button on top to light the display for about five seconds, but that’s not super convenient if you have it rotated in timer mode, plus you have to actively press the button rather than just glancing at how much time is left. Honestly, this is a very small quibble that I could fix simply by not working in a dimly lit room, but it’s really the only critique I have. All in all, this is a fun and functional desk accessory!" —Angela Reiber
Get it from Amazon for $18.99 (available in 30- and 60-minute configurations and six colors).
3. A USB-powered cooling pad for anyone whose laptop starts to sounds like a plane is taking off after working for, oh, approximately five minutes. This gadget has three fans in it to keep your computer calm, cool, and collected, so you can get your work done without much of a hassle.
4. A wall charger with six outlets *and* two USB fast-charging ports to keep all your devices and accessories at 100% so they won't die in the middle of that team meeting.
5. A Rocketbook smart–reusable notebook that takes your handwritten notes and makes them digital so when your boss asks for a recap of that meeting in your one-on-one, you can send it as an attachment and look super on top of everything.
6. A sport-brella designed with SPF 50+ and a universal clamp, so it's actually a really great way for you to be able to work outside without your laptop overheating and the sun making it nearly impossible to see the screen.
7. A glass dry-erase desktop whiteboard you can write your important reminders and "I CAN'T FORGET" notes on instead of using scraps of paper.
8. A Takeya cold brew maker so you can easily pour yourself a glass at 3 p.m. when you normally might have taken a trip to the nearest coffee shop.
9. A standing desk converter to turn your desk (or even your kitchen table) into a workspace that works for you.
10. A folding wall organizer you can put all your important documents in and then grab them when you need them, instead of searching through that pile that's been sitting on your desk for wayyy too long.
11. A privacy sign great for anyone working from a full house where people like to barge in even when the door is closed.
12. A memory foam chair cushion with a nonslip rubber bottom to ensure you'll be comfortable all day long — it won't move around when you get up every once and a while to stretch your legs (and maybe pet your dog).
13. A selfie ring light for anyone who has found themselves working in less-than-ideal lighting during a marathon of Zoom calls. This small device will make a big difference so everyone can see your beautiful face.
14. Or a clip-on style if you want something a little smaller you can easily take off your monitor after the meeting is over. It's designed with an anti-scratch metal clamp so it won't ruin your company computer you care SO much about.
The light is powered via USB and has three light colors and 10 brightness levels.
Promising review: "I don't have the best light in my living room. Working from home, I have had my fair share of Zoom and Skype meetings and without this light, my face was shaded no matter how hard I tried to get light. Now with the different shades of light as the day passes, I can change the light brightness and not look like I'm in a dungeon." —David and Paige
Get it from Amazon for $16.97.
15. A velvet open-back office chair that'll not only add a sleek and sophisticated look to your office but also be a comfortable place to hang out in for eight hours a day.
16. A mesh desk organizer with a three-compartment sliding drawer, tray, and five upright sections designed to fit SO much more than you think it can and make your desk feel clean.
17. A two-tier folding desk perfect for anyone who doesn't have a ton of room for a desk but still wants a designated workspace. Bonus: This one can be folded up and stashed away easily after the workweek is over.
18. Or a hanging window desk designed to take a window and transform it into a standing desk — one that won't infringe on your space too much. When you live where you work, and work where you live, especially in a small space, you want a desk that won't take over the whole room. This will let you crush your to-do list and then move on. It's called work/life balance.
19. ORRRR A lap desk if you don't have space for a desk at all. Or just want an option that lets you take your desk from the couch to the bed and back again. This one basically has all the cool features — a built-in mouse and wrist pad as well as a phone and tablet holder.
20. An adjustable foam footrest designed to make sitting at a desk for eight hours more comfortable because it will bring the floor to you, which alleviates pressure in your hips and legs. You'll certainly feel more supported than when you voice a concern in a team meeting and get nothing from your colleagues.
Plus, you can remove the velvet cover for easy cleaning!
Promising review: "My feet have found heaven! After just over a year of working from home, I've finally decided to invest in some home office upgrades. I was on the fence about a footrest, but the new desk chair I had purchased had a few comfort issues, and I thought this foot rest might help address those. I wasn't wrong! From the first moment my feet landed in the plush comfort of the foam, I haven't wanted to take them off of it. As a fairly active person most of my life (basketball, horseback riding, running, etc.) I haven't been kind to my body. My back, knees, hips, and feet have all paid the price. This footrest has helped alleviate much of the daily pain I deal with, and at a far cheaper price than the ergonomic chair." —Wild-Haired Gurl
Get it from Amazon for $39.95+ (available in two styles).
21. A weekly agenda pad designed with space to write down the tasks you have to do each day of the week, so you don't miss a deadline, which will *probably* lead to a promotion by the end of the year.
22. Or a daily planner if you *really* want to get down to business and focus on what you need to accomplish every day. It has a place for your top priorities, to-do list, appointments, health and fitness, meal planning, accomplishments, and even a place to doodle during your longest meeting. So essentially this will be your new assistant.
23. A colorful wireless keyboard and mouse set to bring some color (and life) to your work setup and also make it a little easier to actually get your work done because your hands don't have to feel so cramped typing on your small laptop keyboard.
The set includes a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse with a USB receiver. Pick up some AA batteries — both will need them!
Promising review: "So, I just transitioned to work from home and wanted a cool keyboard for my new workspace. I tried two others, and they worked but I wasn’t 100% happy with the style, shape, nor color. A friend showed me her keyboard, and I fell in love with it. Her’s was the pink/colorful option. I immediately went on Amazon and found the purple/lilac colorful and ordered. I received it today, and I’m so pleased. I’m one of those who love hearing the click-clack sound of keys being hit with my nails and the weight of the keyboard is nice and heavy — it feels well made. I’m still getting use to the mouse it’s a wider shape then I’m use to, but it works and matches my keyboard. Now if only I could find a purple monitor, LOL. I highly recommend this keyboard. Happy typing!" —Kimberly Renee
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in 12 colors).
24. A soundproofing strip to help block out all the surrounding noise so your coworkers can actually hear you speak instead of just the neighbor's dog barking.
25. Or a white-noise machine that'll drown out any unnecessary background noise with a constant pfshhhhhh or nature sound.
26. A laptop stand to take your productivity to ~new heights~. JK, we can't guarantee it will do that, but improving your posture and not straining your eyes as much will help you feel better at the end of the day.
27. A sunlamp designed to mimic the benefits of sunlight to improve your mood and reset your circadian rhythm, if you work off hours or just can't seem to find time to be outside.
28. A double-sided electronics cleaning brush that'll give your computer a good deep clean because when you work where you live, sometimes your laptop becomes a movie screen at night where a few popcorn crumbs somehow get into the keyboard. 🤷🏻♀️
29. A portable monitor here to ~expand~ your working area and give you more space than your one tiny screen. It comes with a case that can act as a stand, but that also means you can take this with you if your WFH life also has you working from other places every once and a while.
Promising review: "I was hesitant to buy this monitor because I had never heard of the brand and am always a skeptic. I wanted a portable monitor for when I work from home. I also utilize this as a third monitor with my laptop and second monitor. I've had this product for almost a year and can only say great things. It works perfectly. It comes with a foldable case, which can double as a stand. It also comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable, a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, and a power adapter (with a USB-A to USB-C cable). I couldn't have asked for a better portable monitor! Don't hesitate!" —A. C. Pham
Get it from Amazon for $199.99 (available in two colors).
30. Or a slide version designed to actually attach to your laptop and slide out whenever (and wherever) you need double the space to spread out your work. Plus, you can easily move it from room to room (or even from bed, to couch, to desk, back to bed) depending on how you spend your day.
You can use this with any Mac, PC, and Chrome laptop that's between13 and 17 inches. It attaches with magnetic device-safe metal plates, so you can move it around from room to room. Plus, you can rotate the display to customize it to fit your workstyle perfectly.
Promising review: "I recently purchased this since many of us are working from home these days. It makes my job and my life easier and does not take up space as a large monitor connected to your laptop would. The customer service rep was amazing and answered my questions. You can use the same SideTrak on a different laptop if you need to (for work/personal use). It's interchangeable. I highly recommend this monitor. I'm very happy with it." —Fightergirl
Get it from Amazon for $299.98 (available in black and silver).
31. A reversible waterproof desk mat you can put on your table if you really have no place at all for a desk so you can at least make it feel like you're working from one.
32. A pair of blue-light-blocking glasses to help you reduce eye strain from spending hour after hours staring at not only your computer while you work, but also your phone and even TV screen after you clock out.
Promising review: "I started working full time from home due to COVID, like everyone else, and I started to get a lot of headaches, my eyes were dry and heavy, and I was having issues with my sleep. My friend pointed out I was on the computer now all day long when I had barely used computers before. I bought these glasses and have used them for about a week and they are amazing!!! I feel so much better and my body feels much better at the end of the day! I only wish they were a little lighter, and they are a little tight behind my ears." —Meghan McCutcheon
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in nine colors and five multi-packs).