29 Pairs Of Shoes You Can Rock All Summer Long
The season of sandals, open-toe shoes, and breathable sneakers is *finally* upon us.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A pair of braided square-toe heels so on trend you'll find yourself reaching for them during all of your summer engagements — from a random Tuesday night dinner out to your friend's bridal shower.
Promising review: "I love these so much I want them in another color. They are on trend for the Spring/Summer, comfortable enough to wear all day long without pain, and the price is perfect. Just put them in your cart!!!! You will love them. **Do scuff them up a little because they are slippery straight out of the box**" —Bria Greenfield
Get them from Amazon for $45.99 (available in sizes 6-10.5 and in five colors).
2. A pair of multicolored Teva sandals that will essentially be a party on your feet every time you wear them. Plus, the shoes are made from quick-dry webbing out of recycled plastic, which means you can *totally* wear these into the water at the beach and not have wet feet the rest of the day.
3. A pair of flatforms with more than 11,000 5-star reviews raving about how comfortable and cute they are. You can dress these babies up or down, so you'll be rocking them all summer long.
Promising review: "I have been looking for some new spring/summer sandals and I just received these and they are so incredibly comfortable and super cute! I think I will order them in more colors. The width is perfect on me. I tend to have a wider foot, but not that wide and found they fit true to size. The color is fabulous too! I ordered gray." —Magical Everyday
Get them from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 68 colors and prints).
4. A pair of Rainbow wave sneakers to add a bit of sun (and color) to any outfit because just looking at them will bring you just about the same amount of happiness as stepping outside on the first nice summer day of the year.
Promising review: "I could not adore these sneakers more! They're comfortable and look so well made. I was tired of the same plain tennis shoes and wanted something that would make me smile when I put on — my new Soludos do the trick every time. They are well worth the shoe investment! (Also easy to find LOTS of cute coordinating shirts!)" —Erin R.
5. A crisscross slide designed with a molded foot bed, so if you meet your friend for brunch and then end up on an epic adventure the rest of the day (because somehow that always happens in the summer), you won't have to worry about your feet bothering you at 10 p.m.
6. Studded Steve Madden gladiators that'll have you saying, "Tell me about it, Stud" because they're so cool and stylish. Get ready for some epic ~summer nights~ in these babies.
Promising review: "I LOVE these sandals! So comfortable and stylish. I adore the Valentino Rockstud line, and these sandals offer a similar look for 1/10 of the price. I found them true to size (same as my other open-toe sandals) and comfortable right out of the box. I would note that the ankle straps may be small on some people. I have a petite ankle, and I’m using the middle hole to fasten the strap. They are also a bit slippery, but you can add non slip pads to the bottom. But seriously, they're so cute I may buy another pair!" —TJ
Get them from Amazon for $39.95+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 13 colors).
7. A Sorel strappy sandal made with platform wedge design and a padded footbed for a little extra ~boost~ that will also take you that extra mile in the heat.
Promising review: "These shoes are a breath of fresh air. I need comfortable shoes because of so many foot surgeries. It can be so hard to find something that actually looks great but is comfortable to wear for hours. These shoes are so comfortable!!!! I could not be more pleased." —Melissa M
8. Woven slides so you can ~check~ stylish (and comfy) sandals off your "to-get" list. There's no need to search any further — these slides are everything you're going to need this summer (and the next summer, and the summer after that too).
BTW — Zou Xou Shoes is a Black woman-owned business that has been creating handcrafted shoes by Argentinian shoemakers since 2015. The styles are easy and classic so they can be worn for years. These are handmade to order in European sizes, and they suggest sizing up. So, if you wear a US 8, choose a 39.
Promising review: "These shoes are great! The leather is soft and comfortable — no breaking in necessary." —Eileen chao
9. Olukai mesh convertible sneaker specifically designed with a fabric that will let you feet breathe *and* a heel that folds down, mean you can wear them two different ways. Not to mention, the folded heel makes it super simple to slide these on if you have sweaty feet.
Promising review: "These shoes are great! They are super light and comfortable. You can comfortably wear with or without socks. I got them in the white/grey, and they are very cute! I highly recommend!" —kyiecolson
11. Huarache woven sandals handmade in Mexico — they're beautiful shoes that will actually mold to your foot the more you wear them.
BTW — Macarena Collection is a small biz based in Buena Park, California! All of the shoes are handmade by Mexican artisans. Since they only make whole sizes, they suggest sizing down if you're in between as the shoes will stretch and mold to your feet as you wear them.
Promising review: "Can I give these 1,000 stars? They are soooooo comfortable!!! I was afraid because my feet are on the wider side, but oh my do they fit absolutely amazingly well!! Don’t hesitate to buy them!! I love them! I love them! I Love them!!" —Jennifer Baez
12. A pair of block heel open-toe sandals comfortable enough to wear all night long. If you haven't worn heels much in the past year, this style is perfect for easing back in without going overboard this summer!
Promising review: "I love these shoes. They are really comfortable. My feet are a disaster from years of playing sports (bunions, etc.), so it can be hard to find comfortable shoes. These are great. I definitely recommend them." —Heather Z.
Get them from Amazon for $30.99 (available in whole sizes 5-10 and in three colors and patterns).
13. Huarache sandals perfect for extra hot weather when you don't want your feet to overheat the second you step outside.
Promising review: "As soon as I opened the box, I was so happy. They are not only a beautiful color but are so well made and actually quite comfy! They are true to size. I'm so impressed, and I plan to get a few other colors as well. You will love these shoes." —Sydney
Get them from Nisolo for $120 (available in sizes 5-11 and in seven colors).
14. A pair of colorful Sanuk sling sandals designed with soles made from recycled yoga mats, so you know the comfort is next level. You can wear these to the pool, beach, or even just the grocery store (to pick up supplies for the pool and beach, of course).
Promising review: "I bought these while I was pregnant because I needed a comfortable sandal. These are suuuper comfy and a great quality, I like them so much I bought another pair in a different color. Highly recommended." —JKW
Get them from Amazon for $47.95 (available in sizes 5–11 and in five colors).
15. A faux leather chunky block heel I'm just going to warn you about now, once you slip these babies on your feet, you may never want to take them off again. They'll make you feel like the superstar I know that you are.
BTW — Lilly's Kloset is a Black woman-owned online boutique that has been bringing people fashion-forward clothing, shoes, and accessories since 2012. Their mission is to help dress people for their most memorable moments.
16. Allbirds tree runners made out of eucalyptus tree fibers for a sustainable style that won't cause your feet to overheat. Plus, if they do get a tad sweaty, you can throw them in the washing machine, and they'll be as good as new.
Just be sure to not put them in the dryer; let them air dry after washing.
Promising review: "Why did I wait so long??? I wish I could wear these shoes all day for everything! They're so comfortable and lightweight." —Stone, C.
Get them from Allbirds for $95 (available in whole sizes 5–11 and eight colors).
17. A pair of cutout open-toe sandals reviewers say have a bit of extra padding in the footbed, so they provide more support than your average super flat sandal style.
Promising review: "These are cute shoes with a shiny finish. The style is very casual but the material dresses them up. I wear mine with shorts and dresses. The sole has a slight arch making them more comfortable than your average flat shoe. They fit true to size." —Sampson
Get them from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes 5.5-11 and in eight colors).
18. Slingback espadrille flats perfect for anyone that wants a closed-toe style that still feels summer-y.
Promising review: "I bought the orange color. I’ve only worn them once but they were actually very comfortable — more than any other shoes I’ve bought from Target, and they look super cute!" —Andy1992
Get them from Target for $29.99 (available in sizes 5-12 and in three colors).
19. Dr. Martens platform sandals reviewers sing praises for because they style is so comfy and supportive, it basically doesn't feel like you're wearing heeled shoes, let alone sandals. If you have foot problems, this may be a sandal style you can actually wear this summer.
Promising review: "I am obsesseddd with these shoes! They don't even feel like I'm wearing platforms. They just feel like sandals, which is good because I'm clumsy. I ordered the size 7 because I'm usually a 6.5, but they don't have half sizes. The 7 is fine, I'd say just about a half size too big (lol), but I just tightened the back strap, and we're good to go!!! They're great. I have like 100 pairs of shoes, but I wear these several times a week, whenever I can. Worth every penny. I want 10 more pairs of Dr. Marten's sandals now." —Maggie
Get them from Amazon for $99.95 (available in whole sizes 5-11 and in five colors).
20. A Sperry slip-on sneaker designed with elastic laces, so you get the look of a real sneaker while still being able to slide them instantly when you hear the ice cream truck coming down the street and have to chase after it. It doesn't matter if you're not five anymore, this is something socially acceptable to do forever IMO.
Promising review: "Super stylish and comfortable shoe! My feet are slightly wide, so I was worried these shoes either wouldn't be for me, or I'd have to go up a size — and neither was the case! The 8.5 (my usual size) literally fits like a glove! From the memory foam soles to the elastic on the top, these shoes are pure comfort, and they are obviously super cute! I ordered them in three different colors and I will be keeping them all! Can't wait to wear them all spring/summer long!" —Jennifer Renee
Get it from Amazon for $44.95 (available in sizes 5-12 and in six colors).
21. A wedge sandal with ankle straps that look like fun anklets for fun style that will add some pizzazz to your favorite sun dress outfit.
Promising review: "These are the cutest shoes! And they were very comfortable. I found them by accident here on Amazon and ordered them to wear with a dress for a party I was hosting, and I received so many compliments on them. Even strangers were stopping me to comment on my cute shoes! I am beyond pleased with these. Other reviews said to order a size larger so I ordered the 7 (I normally wear a 6.5) and they were a perfect fit! LOVE these shoes!!!" —catgirl
Get them from Amazon for $34.98 (available in sizes 5-10 and 10 colors).
22. A pair of clog sandals I'm sure you ~wood~ want to wear all the time because they are made to be lightweight so you won't feel like you're clomping around as you walk down the street.
Promising review: "These are my first pair of post-pandemic pretty shoes, and these were perfect for easing back in. They are comfortable right out of the box. I am a clog girl and love a wide toe box; these looked daintier and slimmer than some of their Scandinavian cousins, but they are totally fine on my wider foot. My ankles are average but these seem to have lots of buckle options to go up or down there. I am in love with these; the leather is soft, and the shoe is beautifully constructed." —Julie in GA
Get them from Everlane for $110 (available in sizes 5–11 and in three colors).
23. A pair of jelly flats for a nice dose of nostalgia that will bring you back to the '90s. Plus, these come in so many fun styles (I'm talking doughnuts, limes, butterflies, and more), that you may want to add a couple to your cart asap.
Promising review: "I have a small collection of these Geli flats. They are my go-to summer shoe. They bring back a '90s nostalgia without the pain of the jelly shoes I use to wear as a kid. The only qualm I have is when it rains. Don’t try walking up a slope with these shoes on as they get slippery when wet. My first pair I got last summer, the lemon, still smells like lemons. From that, my collection has grown to four and counting. I get many compliments from these. It’s a great dress down or up sandal that is unique with a pop of pizzazz." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $49 (available in sizes 5-11 and in 35 styles).
24. Birkenstock Essentials sandals that look like the original style but are made with a lightweight waterproof material, so you still get the same comfort level with the added perk of wearing them in the water. Long gone are the day of having to wear ugly water shoes at the beach!
I've had these shoes for almost three years now, and they still look just as good as the day I bought them. I love the original Birkenstocks, but when I saw these, I knew I wanted them because they were waterproof. I wear them normally, but I especially love to wear them when I'm near water. I spent a good chunk of last summer at my family's lake house, and I wore this every single day. They were perfect to slip on and walk through wet grass and even into the water to avoid stepping on any sharp rocks and weeds. And if they got a little dirty, I was able to throw them in the tub and wash them super easily. Plus they dry quickly, are super comfortable, and look good. I love my black pair so much, that I'm eyeing another pair in a bright color.
Promising review: "A reasonable price on a birkie? Yep. I did not think I would like the material making up the sandal, but it is comfortable. I liked my first pair so much that I bought two more pairs for me and one for my daughter. They have the support of Birkenstocks but are waterproof. I wear them everywhere." —JANINE S.
Get them from Amazon for $44.95 (available in women's sizes 5–15.5 and men's sizes 3–13.5 and in 21 colors).
25. A lace-up espadrille handcrafted in Spain with beautiful embroidery throughout that's inspired by indigenous tattoo motifs. People will be stopping on the street to tell you how much they love your shoes.
BTW — Solana is a woman-owned small biz that launched in 2020 creating sustainable footwear while also elevating human stories and principles of cultural and environmental sensitivity. The founder, Yasmine, is American, Lebanese, Saudi, and Syrian. This style is named after Borneo, one of Indonesia's largest islands, and is inspired by the people and culture there. The shoes are handcrafted using sustainable materials.
Promising review: "I absolutely ADORE these shoes! They are comfortable, not to mention so sooo cute AND sustainable. Honestly, I couldn’t ask for a better combo! I love the string detailing, so effortless and feminine. I couldn’t recommended these more! :)" —Britt R.
Get them from Solana for $149 (available in whole sizes 6-11).
26. A pair of low heel sandals you may just want to grab in a couple of colors because these are *the perfect* shoes to wear to every wedding you suddenly have on your calendar this summer. Not only will these work for both indoor and outdoor venues, but they're comfy enough you can dance the night away in them.
Promising review: "In general, for open toed shoes, I always order a size smaller. That being said, I LOVE these shoes! I plan to wear them for my wedding, but they are cute comfortable and stylish! I absolutely plan on buying another pair in the summer time! They are slippery on the ground at first, but for how cute and stylish they are I have zero issues. I think it's a must-have for any wardrobe!" —Mikayla
Get them from Amazon for $55.99 (available in sizes 5–11 and in 13 colors).
28. Gladiator sandals you may just have to ~fight~ off your friends from stealing because once the see this fun style, they'll be asking to borrow them all the time.
Promising review: "I LOVE these sandals. I needed something casual yet something I can use to town. They are comfortable AND very pretty. I did buy a size bigger however listening to the reviews. I normally wear a size 7–71/2 I bought a size 8, they fit perfect! They have just enough sparkle to get your attention, but not so they still can't pass for casual. I know everyone is going to want me sandals. They are well made." —Island Girl
Get them from Amazon for $31.99 (available in sizes 4.5–10.5 and in five colors).
29. And a pair of plaid mules I'm pretty sure will have you staring in a new version of Happy Feet, except this film would just be you dancing down the street feeling on top of the world in your new cute summery shoes.
BTW — These shoes are from a Black woman-owned company out of Australia. They're handmade, so it takes 10–15 business days after purchase before they'll be shipped out.
Get them from Shekudo for $250 (available in European sizes 36-42 and in multicolor plaid and beige).