33 Shoes That May Cost A Little Extra But Will Be *Totally* Worth It
Your feet will thank you for the investment in their future.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Sam Edelman loafers you'll want to ~slide~ right on your feet no matter whether you're wearing dress pants, jeans, or even a dress.
2. New Balance 327s for a retro yet modern sneaker you'll want to wear every chance you get. They're even approved by a nursing student who's on their feet all day long, so you know the comfort makes these stylish shoes go the ~extra mile~.
Promising review: "I'm a medical technician and nursing student — on my feet a lot! New Balance has forever been my 'go-to' shoe when I'm in scrubs; 515s have always been my absolute favorite! ... THEN I wore a pair of 327s, and I'm obsessed! I already have two pairs, looking for a third. The comfort is beyond expectations, kinda 'molds' to my feet without feeling constricted, super light, and the sleek design with such fun colors are beautiful! ❤❤❤" —Roselyn
Get them from New Balance for $99.99 (available in sizes 5–13 and in four colors).
3. Lace-up boots made from recycled wool and repurposed plastic that are perfect for hikers and nonhikers alike.
BTW — Alice + Whittles is a POC woman–led small business based in Ontario, Canada, creating sustainable outdoor footwear that looks good and is comfortable. They use material that's 90% sustainable and traceable.
Promising review: "I really love these boots. They are extremely comfortable and there was no breaking in period. I sized up as recommended, and they fit perfectly. I can wear them with an insole and thick socks. If you plan to wear them with just a thin sock, you could probably stick to your usual size. I’ve gone on several hikes since getting these, and they don’t rub at all. I think I’ll end up getting another color because I like them so much. And they look cute!" —Norah
Get it from Alice + Whittles for $198 (available in EU sizes 36–43 and eight colors).
4. Some Mary Jane pumps that may just be one of the coolest pairs of shoes I've ever seen. Not only does the design scream, "LET THEM EAT CAKE," but there's also an attachment to transform them from a buckle shoe to a lace-up shoe. So you're basically getting two amazing shoes for the price of one.
Promising review: "I've been watching these shoes for a while because it seems size 10 always run out. When I got the alert they restocked, I HAD to jump on it. First, these are definitely the cutest pair of heels that I've ever had on my feet. Just perfect to spice up an outfit for work, a night on the town, or just to wear when you feel like it. Second, I may have paid a pretty penny, but for the quality, the comfort, and the adorable design, it was definitely worth it. They come in the cutest cake box packaging with a set of replacement heel caps (I don't know what they're officially called). And I just get a kick out of the guillotine on the heel. They fit exactly as expected. Don't size up like some reviews say, if you're a standard 10, these will fit like a gem." —Kaybeline
Get them from Amazon for $99.99 (available in whole sizes 5–11 and in nine colors).
5. On Running training shoes designed specifically with cushioning and stability in the shoe so you can move in any direction — which is great if you're taking a HIIT or fitness class. Plus, they're made to be lightweight to not weigh you down as you work to ~crush~ those fitness goals. Look at you go!
Promising review: "These are exactly what I needed/wanted for gym workouts. From treadmill to bike to HIIT/Xfit workouts and movements, they are great. Lightweight but still great support and cushion. Well done!" —Drew B.
6. Ugg slipper shoes perfect for wearing around the house all the time, because your feet deserve to feel like they're in a cozy cloud as you go about your day.
7. Cutout mules designed to be a more sophisticated take on a flat that doesn't skimp on the comfort levels. Slip these one whenever you need a classy shoe you can wear for hours on end.
BTW — Zou Xou Shoes is a Black woman–owned business that has been creating handcrafted shoes by Argentinian shoemakers since 2015. The styles are easy and classic so they can be worn for years. These mules are handmade to order in European sizes, which means you should pick one size up. For example, if you wear a US 8, choose a 39.
Promising review: "These shoes are great! The leather is soft and comfortable — no breaking in necessary." —Eileen chao
8. Sorel wedge booties that just may be one of the most comfortable heels you ever wear. Plus, they'll protect you from any bad weather while also keeping you stylish.
9. A pair of Rothy flats made out of repurposed water bottles so they're super comfortable right out of the box and won't give you nasty blisters. Plus, they're made to last, so you'll find they look just as good four years down the line.
10. Doc Martens combat boots so reliable, you can wear them through rain, sleet, and even snow without compromising your style.
11. Birdies flats that basically take the best parts of a sneaker (the support), a slipper (the comfort), and a flat (the style) to make one shoe that will quickly become a favorite of yours.
12. Franco Sarto knee-high boots that are just begging you to take them on every adventure you take this fall. And when you wear these, you know that you won't be walking down the street but S-T-R-U-T-T-I-N-G.
13. A buckle flat for a ~standout~ style that will def gets you lots of compliments. And since they're handmade, these come with some extra love.
BTW — Quiero June is a San Diego, California–based small biz specializing in handcrafted romantic and unique flat shoes!
Promising review: "This is my fifth pair of Quiero June shoes, and I think they may be my favorite! They are so cute and comfortable to wear. The quality is amazing, as always. I wear a size US 7.5 and the 37 fits me perfectly. Very quick shipping and delivery, too!" —Brittany
14. Greats sneakers you really can't go wrong with, because they'll go with everything in your closet and live up to their name at the same time.
15. Lace-up booties perfect for those in between weather days when it's cold and drizzly, but not enough that you want to pull out the full-on rain boots. These boots will protect you from the weather (and keep your feet warm) while matching completely with your outfit.
Promising review: "These boots are made so well! They are unbelievably comfortable; there is no need to break them in. The first day wearing them I stood for several hours and had no trouble at all. These are by far my favorite boots. I will be getting more in the future." —Lisakay
Get them from Amazon for $189.95 (available in sizes 5–12 and in six colors).
16. Everlane flats designed to mold to your feet the more you wear them so eventually it will basically feel like you're not wearing any shoes at all.
17. Asics running shoes one reviewer called the "best running shoes on Earth," which is very high praise. But with the cushioning, support, and super-cool design, I'm sure you'll figure out this review (and the more than 1,000 more) were right all along.
Promising review: "I like the comfort and the fit of these shoes. I have been using Asics for several year, and they keep me coming back. Very good quality and comfort. Although they are high priced, in my opinion, the quality is worth the investment. The sizing was spot-on with the measurements I received from a shoe store. Sizing has been consistent style to style." —Jerri
Get them from Amazon for $149.95 (available in sizes 5–13, wide, and in 21 colors).
18. Converse lugged boots for an updated look that takes the classic Converse style and makes it acceptable to wear in the colder months.
These do run big though, so it's recommended to buy a half size smaller.
Promising review: "I love love loveee this type of new converse!! Comfortable (first time ever feeling comfortable in a Converse) and fashionable. I need them in every color." —BriMariena
Get them from Nordstrom for $70 (available in sizes 5–11 and in black and white).
19. A Vionic heeled ankle boot specifically made with three-zone support on the footbed, which includes stability in the heel, arch support, and cushioning in the toe, for the ultimate boot that might just make you feel like you're not wearing a heel at all.
Promising review: "My mother bought the black pair for me as a gift, as soon as I tried them on, I went online and ordered the cream color as well. These boots are freakishly comfortable. It honestly felt like I did not have heels on. I have flat feet and have had to change all of my old shoes for shoes with arch support. These heels are worth buying." —Amber
20. Reebok classic legacy shoes I'm pretty sure — wait, what was that? Did I just hear you audibly gasp? I'm pretty sure you did. Because how could you not when looking at this beautiful and modern shoe. And when I tell you that these have comfort to back them up... Yep, time to add them to your cart.
Promising review: "I am 100% a Reebok gal and I've been super into neutral tones, so when I saw this shoe, I audibly gasped. I knew I had to have it. I received this shoe and immediately wore it to dinner to show off how much cooler my shoe was than everyone else. The colors are gorgeous. The design is perfect, flawless, comfortable, amazing, showstopping, never better. I would sell my soul for this shoe if I had to." —Kwatz
Get them from Reebok for $80 (available in sizes 5–10 and in 12 colors).
21. TKPatent Franco Sarto vegan-leather loafers for an on-trend look that may just land you on the best-dressed list every time you wear them. Don't be surprised when the invites to NYFW start rolling around because everyone is going to want you to sit front row.
Promising review: "I got these shoes because I wanted something that looked professional but was a 'flat.' They have a chunky sole, which gives them a fresh look but all of the comfort of a ballet flat. They were a little tight initially, but they stretched out within the first day of wearing. ZERO BREAK IN, even when worn with no socks. Not a single blister and I've been wearing them for a week. HIGHLY recommend." —lid101
Get them from Amazon for $89 (available in sizes 5–12 and in five colors).
22. A flat featuring a gold chain across the foot for an ~elevated~ take on a classic style. Reviewers confirm these shoes feel like "butter," so you ~butter~ believe these will quickly become a favorite.
Promising review: "I love ballet flats but sometimes they get boring. These, with the square toe and chain, add more style and fun. They also offer more support and are great for walking. The leather is butter soft, and the color goes with everything." —Cheryl G.
Get them from Aerosoles for $76.99 (originally $115; available in sizes 6–12 and in eight colors).
23. Sam Edelman combat boots with such a striking look you'll be able to ~combat~ whatever the day throws your way when you're wearing them. Plus, the calf is made from a stretchy knit material sure to fit your legs perfectly.
Promising review: "These boots are sooooo cute! I wore them walking around NY and loved them! I felt very comfortable. They have a good supportive stretch to the ankle and calf. Where have they been my whole life?" —Ben West
Get them from Amazon for $180 (available in women's sizes 5–11 and in three colors).
24. A high-heel pump enabling you to wear a classic style in your skin tone (the company offers 10 different shades of nude). The insole also has two layers of memory foam padding for an extra dose of comfort.
This Black woman–owned brand is on a mission to create a nude color for every skin tone. After having to paint a pair of white heels to match her skin tone, founder Jamela A Acheampong wanted to start a company that celebrated the diversity of the human complexion and gave everyone the perfect "nude" shoe. The heels are ethically and sustainably handmade in Italy.
Promising review: "My partner surprised me with these months after I mentioned them to him in passing. What a HOME RUN gift. They fit true to size (just a bit of room to allow for swelling while wearing heels), and they are THE MOST COMFORTABLE heels I’ve ever worn. Butter soft leather, beautiful construction, my exact skin tone, I could talk forever about these shoes. Plus, what a cool company! 10/10. I will be buying more for my next birthday!" —Ainsley
Get them from Kahmune for $395+ (available in sizes 4–13 and in 10 shades in either matte or suede).
25. Veja retro-inspired sneakers designed to look just as good with a skirt as it does with jeans and even sweats. What's that? Oh, just these shoes screaming how versatile they are.
Promising review: "Who wouldn’t love the style of these shoes…? I was happy to find that they look just as good in-person, and on my feet, as they do in the pictures! I’ve spent two days on my feet, doing a moderate amount of walking, wearing these shoes, and I have no complaints about comfort. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase and would highly recommend!" —AnnMarie
Get them from Amazon for $140 (available in sizes 5–9 and in three colors).
26. Timeless block-heel mules one blister-prone BuzzFeed Shopping writer confirms are comfortable right out of the box, even while worn on a 20-minute walk to dinner. And that's a stamp of approval on these beauties if I've ever heard one.
BTW — Ma’am Shoes is a woman-owned small biz creating beautiful and comfortable shoes you can wear for years.
BuzzFeed writer Danielle Healy says: "Sometimes it feels like my feet are made of paper with how easily they blister. So when a brand markets itself as having a focus on stylish comfort, I am all ears. Fresh out of the box, I wore these red beauties out to dinner (a 20-minute walk each way) and my feet were no worse for wear. So I decided to put them through the ultimate test — a wedding. Even after hours of dancing, my feet felt great and I got loads of compliments. A statement shoe that really does look and feel great? *Big swoon.*"
Get them from Ma’am Shoes for $300+ (available in sizes 4.5–11 and in five colors).
27. Hunter boots perfect for both rain and snow (with the super-cozy inserts), because when the weather isn't being your friend, these shoes will be there for you.
Promising review: "These are worth every penny. I just mucked about in the biggest mud puddles in a field next to a creek in the rain. These didn't cause me to slip or slide, they're comfy, well-built, and I didn't even need to walk carefully. Thank you, Midsomer Murders, and every other BBC show I watch, for convincing me to throw out the cheap, decorative 'rain boots' I had and go for some that are the real deal. I totally get it now. I'm off to find some more mud..." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $119.99+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in 15 colors).
28. A pair of Rainbow wave sneakers your arches will be thanking you for purchasing because they are not only fun and add a pop of color to your outfit, but they also have Ortholite insoles.
Promising review: "I could not adore these sneakers more! They're crazy comfortable and look so well made. I was tired of the same plain tennis shoes and wanted something that would make me smile when I put on — my new Soludos do the trick every time. They are well worth the shoe investment! (Also easy to find LOTS of cute coordinating shirts!)" —Erin R.
29. Lace-up hiking boots you don't need to climb a mountain to rock. But, I mean, sometimes the grocery store feels like its own kind of mountain, especially if you end up there on Sunday afternoon.
I got these boots at the end of "boot season" last year, but I've still found ways to wear them through the spring and summer until the glorious season started again. And let me tell you, I love them so much. They were super comfortable right out of the box and needed no break-in period. I've worn them to walk quite a bit and never had any problems. Plus, the style is something I know I'll want to keep in my closet for years to come.
Get them from Radley London for $205 (available in EUR sizes 36–41).
30. Steve Madden animal-print sneakers in a mix of animal prints to help show off your ~wild~ side. And by wild side, I mean your ability to pair these with everything you have in your closet knowing your feet will not be screaming at you at the end of the day.
31. Allbirds Tree Dashers specifically designed with natural materials that allow your feet to breathe and stay comfortable as you run. And as an added bonus, these shoes are even stylish enough to wear when you're not running.
Promising review: "These are such comfortable shoes. No time needed to break in because they immediately feel fantastic on your feet. I can wear them all day, and it feels like I'm walking on a cloud. True to size. Best sneaker I have ever had. I want one in every color." —Joan
Get them from Allbirds for $125 (available in sizes 5–11 and in 10 colors).
32. A pair of Sam Edelman strap sandals with a 3 1/4–inch block heel to give you a little extra height while not compromising the comfort so you can wear these standing for hours and not have your feet hate you at the end of the night. Plus, the simple color and style means these will be your go-tos for every bridal shower, wedding, and fancy occasion in the future.
BuzzFeed shopping editor Heather Braga says: "I have a pair of these block heels and they are my absolute favorites! I wore them for hours on my feet at my bridal shower and my best friend's shower when I was a bridesmaid. If any of you have been in either of those roles, you know there is no such thing as sitting during either event. These shoes saved me!"
Get them from Amazon for $99.95 (available in sizes 4–14, wide, and in eight colors).
33. A Sorel lace bootie made to be fully waterproof. Gone are the days when you have to wear really ugly shoes when it's raining because you don't want to ruin your favorite cute pair. These boots can (and will) be both for you.
When I tell you that I love Sorel shoes, I really and truly mean it. I have a few pairs now, and these are the most recent addition to my collection. I wore them the second I received the package because they were too cute not to. And in the first few hours, I received quite a few compliments on them, even from random strangers in the grocery store. Plus, even though the shoes have a good heel height to them, they are comfortable. I can't wait to wear these more in the coming months.
Promising review: "I love these boots! They are so striking and seem comfortable right out of the box. I was a little worried about the heel height but they are comfortable and easy to walk in around the house anyway. All of my Sorel boots are 8.5, which is a half-size larger than I usually wear. I do like to wear them with thick socks, but I think I would still need to go up anyway. Now for the squeak that others mentioned, mine did squeak a bit when I first started to walk around in them, but I think it's from the new rubber soles on the floor. It wasn't all the time, just here and there. I'm hoping as I actually wear them outside and the bottoms get worn that it will stop? Otherwise, I can't wait to wear these boots because they are stunning!" —Cosmo
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.