1. Sam Edelman loafers you'll want to ~slide~ right on your feet no matter whether you're wearing dress pants, jeans, or even a dress.
2. New Balance 327s for a retro yet modern sneaker you'll want to wear every chance you get. They're even approved by a nursing student who's on their feet all day long, so you know the comfort makes these stylish shoes go the ~extra mile~.
Promising review: "I'm a medical technician and nursing student — on my feet a lot! New Balance has forever been my 'go-to' shoe when I'm in scrubs; 515s have always been my absolute favorite! ... THEN I wore a pair of 327s, and I'm obsessed! I already have two pairs, looking for a third. The comfort is beyond expectations, kinda 'molds' to my feet without feeling constricted, super light, and the sleek design with such fun colors are beautiful! ❤❤❤" —Roselyn
Get them from New Balance for $99.99 (available in sizes 5–13 and in four colors).
3. Lace-up boots made from recycled wool and repurposed plastic that are perfect for hikers and nonhikers alike.
BTW — Alice + Whittles is a POC woman–led small business based in Ontario, Canada, creating sustainable outdoor footwear that looks good and is comfortable. They use material that's 90% sustainable and traceable.
Promising review: "I really love these boots. They are extremely comfortable and there was no breaking in period. I sized up as recommended, and they fit perfectly. I can wear them with an insole and thick socks. If you plan to wear them with just a thin sock, you could probably stick to your usual size. I’ve gone on several hikes since getting these, and they don’t rub at all. I think I’ll end up getting another color because I like them so much. And they look cute!" —Norah
Get it from Alice + Whittles for $198 (available in EU sizes 36–43 and eight colors).
4. Some Mary Jane pumps that may just be one of the coolest pairs of shoes I've ever seen. Not only does the design scream, "LET THEM EAT CAKE," but there's also an attachment to transform them from a buckle shoe to a lace-up shoe. So you're basically getting two amazing shoes for the price of one.
Promising review: "I've been watching these shoes for a while because it seems size 10 always run out. When I got the alert they restocked, I HAD to jump on it. First, these are definitely the cutest pair of heels that I've ever had on my feet. Just perfect to spice up an outfit for work, a night on the town, or just to wear when you feel like it. Second, I may have paid a pretty penny, but for the quality, the comfort, and the adorable design, it was definitely worth it. They come in the cutest cake box packaging with a set of replacement heel caps (I don't know what they're officially called). And I just get a kick out of the guillotine on the heel. They fit exactly as expected. Don't size up like some reviews say, if you're a standard 10, these will fit like a gem." —Kaybeline
Get them from Amazon for $99.99 (available in whole sizes 5–11 and in nine colors).
5. On Running training shoes designed specifically with cushioning and stability in the shoe so you can move in any direction — which is great if you're taking a HIIT or fitness class. Plus, they're made to be lightweight to not weigh you down as you work to ~crush~ those fitness goals. Look at you go!
Promising review: "These are exactly what I needed/wanted for gym workouts. From treadmill to bike to HIIT/Xfit workouts and movements, they are great. Lightweight but still great support and cushion. Well done!" —Drew B.
Get them from Nordstrom or On Running for $139.99 (available in sizes 5–11 and in six colors).
6. Ugg slipper shoes perfect for wearing around the house all the time, because your feet deserve to feel like they're in a cozy cloud as you go about your day.
7. Cutout mules designed to be a more sophisticated take on a flat that doesn't skimp on the comfort levels. Slip these one whenever you need a classy shoe you can wear for hours on end.
BTW — Zou Xou Shoes is a Black woman–owned business that has been creating handcrafted shoes by Argentinian shoemakers since 2015. The styles are easy and classic so they can be worn for years. These mules are handmade to order in European sizes, which means you should pick one size up. For example, if you wear a US 8, choose a 39.
Promising review: "These shoes are great! The leather is soft and comfortable — no breaking in necessary." —Eileen chao
Get them from Zou Xou Shoes on Etsy for $249 (available in European sizes 36–42).
8. Sorel wedge booties that just may be one of the most comfortable heels you ever wear. Plus, they'll protect you from any bad weather while also keeping you stylish.
9. A pair of Rothy flats made out of repurposed water bottles so they're super comfortable right out of the box and won't give you nasty blisters. Plus, they're made to last, so you'll find they look just as good four years down the line.
10. Doc Martens combat boots so reliable, you can wear them through rain, sleet, and even snow without compromising your style.
11. Birdies flats that basically take the best parts of a sneaker (the support), a slipper (the comfort), and a flat (the style) to make one shoe that will quickly become a favorite of yours.
12. Franco Sarto knee-high boots that are just begging you to take them on every adventure you take this fall. And when you wear these, you know that you won't be walking down the street but S-T-R-U-T-T-I-N-G.
Promising review: "They fit perfectly and look sleek and elegant!!! I think this is the fourth pair I've ordered over the years, and I‘ve never been disappointed." —Hellkitten25
Get them from Amazon or Franco Sarto for $159 (available in sizes 5–11, wide, and in six colors).
13. A buckle flat for a ~standout~ style that will def gets you lots of compliments. And since they're handmade, these come with some extra love.
BTW — Quiero June is a San Diego, California–based small biz specializing in handcrafted romantic and unique flat shoes!
Promising review: "This is my fifth pair of Quiero June shoes, and I think they may be my favorite! They are so cute and comfortable to wear. The quality is amazing, as always. I wear a size US 7.5 and the 37 fits me perfectly. Very quick shipping and delivery, too!" —Brittany
Get them from Quiero June on Etsy for $215 (available in European sizes 35–40).
14. Greats sneakers you really can't go wrong with, because they'll go with everything in your closet and live up to their name at the same time.
15. Lace-up booties perfect for those in between weather days when it's cold and drizzly, but not enough that you want to pull out the full-on rain boots. These boots will protect you from the weather (and keep your feet warm) while matching completely with your outfit.
Promising review: "These boots are made so well! They are unbelievably comfortable; there is no need to break them in. The first day wearing them I stood for several hours and had no trouble at all. These are by far my favorite boots. I will be getting more in the future." —Lisakay
Get them from Amazon for $189.95 (available in sizes 5–12 and in six colors).
16. Everlane flats designed to mold to your feet the more you wear them so eventually it will basically feel like you're not wearing any shoes at all.
17. Asics running shoes one reviewer called the "best running shoes on Earth," which is very high praise. But with the cushioning, support, and super-cool design, I'm sure you'll figure out this review (and the more than 1,000 more) were right all along.
Promising review: "I like the comfort and the fit of these shoes. I have been using Asics for several year, and they keep me coming back. Very good quality and comfort. Although they are high priced, in my opinion, the quality is worth the investment. The sizing was spot-on with the measurements I received from a shoe store. Sizing has been consistent style to style." —Jerri
Get them from Amazon for $149.95 (available in sizes 5–13, wide, and in 21 colors).
18. Converse lugged boots for an updated look that takes the classic Converse style and makes it acceptable to wear in the colder months.
These do run big though, so it's recommended to buy a half size smaller.
Promising review: "I love love loveee this type of new converse!! Comfortable (first time ever feeling comfortable in a Converse) and fashionable. I need them in every color." —BriMariena
Get them from Nordstrom for $70 (available in sizes 5–11 and in black and white).
19. A Vionic heeled ankle boot specifically made with three-zone support on the footbed, which includes stability in the heel, arch support, and cushioning in the toe, for the ultimate boot that might just make you feel like you're not wearing a heel at all.
Promising review: "My mother bought the black pair for me as a gift, as soon as I tried them on, I went online and ordered the cream color as well. These boots are freakishly comfortable. It honestly felt like I did not have heels on. I have flat feet and have had to change all of my old shoes for shoes with arch support. These heels are worth buying." —Amber
Get them from Amazon or Vionic for $169.95 (available in sizes 5–11 and in three colors).
20. Reebok classic legacy shoes I'm pretty sure — wait, what was that? Did I just hear you audibly gasp? I'm pretty sure you did. Because how could you not when looking at this beautiful and modern shoe. And when I tell you that these have comfort to back them up... Yep, time to add them to your cart.
Promising review: "I am 100% a Reebok gal and I've been super into neutral tones, so when I saw this shoe, I audibly gasped. I knew I had to have it. I received this shoe and immediately wore it to dinner to show off how much cooler my shoe was than everyone else. The colors are gorgeous. The design is perfect, flawless, comfortable, amazing, showstopping, never better. I would sell my soul for this shoe if I had to." —Kwatz
Get them from Reebok for $80 (available in sizes 5–10 and in 12 colors).
21. TKPatent Franco Sarto vegan-leather loafers for an on-trend look that may just land you on the best-dressed list every time you wear them. Don't be surprised when the invites to NYFW start rolling around because everyone is going to want you to sit front row.
Promising review: "I got these shoes because I wanted something that looked professional but was a 'flat.' They have a chunky sole, which gives them a fresh look but all of the comfort of a ballet flat. They were a little tight initially, but they stretched out within the first day of wearing. ZERO BREAK IN, even when worn with no socks. Not a single blister and I've been wearing them for a week. HIGHLY recommend." —lid101
Get them from Amazon for $89 (available in sizes 5–12 and in five colors).
22. A flat featuring a gold chain across the foot for an ~elevated~ take on a classic style. Reviewers confirm these shoes feel like "butter," so you ~butter~ believe these will quickly become a favorite.
Promising review: "I love ballet flats but sometimes they get boring. These, with the square toe and chain, add more style and fun. They also offer more support and are great for walking. The leather is butter soft, and the color goes with everything." —Cheryl G.
Get them from Aerosoles for $76.99 (originally $115; available in sizes 6–12 and in eight colors).