We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. Platform sandals meant to ~elevate~ your daily look without compromising your comfort levels. You can wear these with dresses, jeans, shorts, and basically anything else you've got in your summer wardrobe.
Promising review: "These shoes are absolutely amazing! They're perfect for spring and summer weather. So unbelievably comfortable, you'll never want to take them off. Seriously, I'm about to buy all of the colors so I can just wear these shoes!" —Morgan
Get them from Amazon for $27.11+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 62 colors and styles).
2. Sling sandals designed with soles made from recycled yoga mats, so you know the comfort is next level. You can wear these to the pool, beach, or even just the grocery store (to pick up supplies for the pool and beach, of course).
Promising review: "I racked up a whopping 68 miles across six park days in Disney World wearing only these flip flops. My steps are often missed while I'm pushing the stroller so I'm sure there were even more miles than that. I always wear broken-in tennis shoes on big walking days and packed them with me just in case these flip flops didn't work out, but I never needed them! My feet normally get very hot and swell and I really hate wearing tennis shoes. I never wore these before our trip and was so happy there was no break in period at all. It even rained for hours on end one day and my feet were still comfortable in these. I just dried them with the hotel hairdryer that evening and wore them again the next day." —Jamie
Get it from Amazon for $32.35+ (available in whole sizes 5–11 and 10 colors).
3. A pair of leather slides handcrafted in Greece to create a beautiful sandal you can wear with jeans shorts and a tee one day and turn around and pair it with a sundress the next. It's the versatility in these shoes that will have you reaching for them for years to come.
Laiik is a family-run small business creating handcrafted footwear by artisans in Athens, Greece.
Promising review: "I bought these in March and wanted to wait and test them out before reviewing. I've worn these sandals almost every day, and they have quickly become my go-to pair of shoes. I'm going to buy them in a second color. So comfortable and are made super well. Based on the wear on the shoes from this year, I can tell that they will last me a long time and are made very well." —Galit L.
Get them from Laiik for $150 (available in whole sizes 5-11 and in five colors).
4. A pair of cloud slides that may start out as your "I'm just running to get the mail" shoes, but as soon as you figure out how comfortable they are, you'll wear them everywhere. Plus, they have an anti-slip sole, which means you can totally wear these to the pool all summer long.
Promising review: "So cute and COMFORTABLE. Feels like walking on clouds! And they’re breathable, so no sweaty feet. I also like how at the bottom is texture, so you can walk outside and the shoes have little slots so it's airy! Buy them ASAP." —Jordan
Get them from Amazon for $22.99 (available in sizes 4–12 and 22 colors).
5. Studded Steve Madden gladiators that'll have you saying, "Tell me about it, Stud" because they're so cool and stylish. Get ready for some epic ~summer nights~ in these babies.
Promising review: "I LOVE these sandals! So comfortable and stylish. I adore the Valentino Rockstud line, and these sandals offer a similar look for 1/10 of the price. I found them true to size (same as my other open-toe sandals) and comfortable right out of the box. I would note that the ankle straps may be small on some people. I have a petite ankle, and I’m using the middle hole to fasten the strap. They are also a bit slippery, but you can add nonslip pads to the bottom. But seriously, they're so cute I may buy another pair!" —TJ
Get them from Amazon for $37.50+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in 25 colors).
6. Teva sandals that will essentially be a party on your feet every time you wear them. The shoes are made from quick-dry webbing out of recycled plastic, which means you can *totally* wear these into the water at the beach and not have wet feet the rest of the day.
Promising review: "These are the comfiest shoes on the planet. I bought them for my trip to Thailand, which included a heavy amount of walking and hiking. I now wear them all the time, even for nonadventurous activities. They are so darn comfortable, and have great grip." —Caroline V.
Get it from Amazon for $47.76+ (available in sizes 5–13 and 36 colors).
7. Birkenstock Essentials sandals that look like the original style but are made with a lightweight waterproof material, so you still get the same comfort level with the added perk of wearing them in the water. Long gone are the day of having to wear ugly water shoes!
I've had these shoes for almost four years now, and they still look just as good as the day I bought them. I love the original Birkenstocks, but when I saw these, I knew I wanted them because they were waterproof. I wear them normally, but I especially love to wear them when I'm near water. I spent a good chunk of last summer at my family's lake house, and I wore this every single day. They were perfect to slip on and walk through wet grass and even into the water to avoid stepping on any sharp rocks and weeds. And if they got a little dirty, I was able to throw them in the tub and wash them super easily. Plus they dry quickly, are super comfortable, and look good. I love my black pair so much that I'm eyeing another pair in a bright color.
Get them from Amazon for $44.95 (available in women's sizes 5–15.5 and men's sizes 3–13.5 and in 35 colors), Zappos for $49.95 (available in women's sizes 5.5-10.5 and in eight colors), or from Urban Outfitters for $50 (available in sizes 5-10 and in 10 colors).
8. A pair of braided sandals more than 15,000 reviewers swear by for their water resistance, comfort, and cuteness.
Promising review: "These sandals are incredibly comfortable! I was so relieved they fit well because I'm sometimes an 8.5 but there aren't half sizes, but these fit perfectly! I thought it was so funny reading their website and their warning says 'don't buy these sandals if you don't want compliments.' Well, the first day I wore my sandals I got tons of compliments and every time I thought of their warning. It's so true these are unique and brilliantly styled sandals. The quality is wonderful! I'm 100% satisfied and happy with these sandals! The customer service is also phenomenal!" —ShoreShank
Get them from Amazon for $34.95+ (available in whole sizes 5–11 and in 26 colors).
9. A flatform sandal ready to hit the pavement as soon as you take them out of the box — yes, that's right. These babies need no break-in period. Just put them on and head out on an epic summer adventure.
Promising review: "I love these shoes as everyday sandals! I can throw them on with anything and feel put together and comfortable. I did not have to break them in and have already worn them several times since purchasing a couple of weeks ago. I would very much recommend them." —Cait
Get it from Nisolo for $130 (available in sizes 5–11 and in six colors).
10. Steve Madden sandals you can ~slide~ right on when you told your friends you left for brunch 10 minutes ago, when, in fact, you were still doing your hair. These simple yet chic shoes will be the perfect finishing touch for whatever outfit you're wearing.
11. A canvas sandal many reviewers have loved so much, they've returned to buy a second pair. And that's the truest test that a shoe is worth it.
12. Some huarache woven sandals handmade in Mexico — they're beautiful shoes that will actually mold to your foot the more you wear them.
Macarena Collection is a small biz based in Buena Park, California! All of the shoes are handmade by Mexican artisans. Since they only make whole sizes, they suggest sizing down if you're in between as the shoes will stretch and mold to your feet as you wear them.
Promising review: "Can I give these 1,000 stars? They are soooooo comfortable!!! I was afraid because my feet are on the wider side, but oh my do they fit absolutely amazingly well!! Don’t hesitate to buy them!! I love them! I love them! I Love them!!" —Jennifer Baez
13. Gladiator sandals you may just have to ~fight~ off your friends from stealing because once the see this fun style, they'll be asking to borrow them all the time.
Promising review: "I LOVE these sandals. I needed something casual yet something I can use to town. They are comfortable AND very pretty. I did buy a size bigger however listening to the reviews. I normally wear a size 7–7.5 but I bought a size 8 and they fit perfectly! They have just enough sparkle to get your attention, but not so they still can't pass for casual. I know everyone is going to want my sandals. They are well made." —Island Girl
Get them from Amazon for $33.87+ (available in sizes 4.5–10.5 and in eight colors).