37 Pieces Of Comfortable Summer Clothing You'll Probably Live In
When the temp is hotter than hot out, comfort is key to getting dressed.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A two-piece midi dress outfit you'll feel ~cool~ in, both figuratively and literally because it's made with lightweight, stretchy, and breathable fabric.
2. A tie-waist pant for the days when you're just not feeling shorts but don't want your legs to start sweating profusely the moment you step outside.
3. A patterned V-neck skater dress so easy to throw on in the morning — even if you don't plan to leave your air conditioner's side. Sometimes you need to get dressed up just for yourself, I get it.
5. A sleeveless ruffle sundress everyone will be ~check-ing~ out and asking you where you got it from.
6. A lace tank top that looks super nice but costs less than $20. And reviewers that live in Florida swear by it, so you know it's perfect for summer.
7. A tiered mini dress I'm pretty sure was made so you can throw it on when you wake up in the morning and can't even think about putting on actual clothes.
8. Seamless rib bike shorts you could wear for lounging around and finishing your book — or working out —whatever is more your summer speed. You do you.
9. A ruched bodycon dress that is simple yet will make you feel super elegant, so it'll be a staple in your closet for years. You know the kind you'll grab when you need a good outfit that doesn't require a lot of thought.
10. An oversized tee with the ultimate summer mood written on it. Take me to the ocean and add a beach chair and a margarita, and I'll be good till September.
Promising review: "I love this shirt. It's definitely oversized. I got the xs, and it's still big and loose. The color is pretty, and what's written on it fits me to a T. Bonus — it's really comfortable." —JANM
Get it from Aerie for $14.97 (originally $29.95; available in sizes XXS–XXL and in 13 colors and patterns).
11. A flowy tank dress that's essentially made with the same material as pajamas, which means you can wear it out in public and still feel like you're in bed. And that's always a win-win in my book.
12. A bike unitard reviewers actually swear is super supportive as well as comfortable. When the temperature heats up and you don't want to deal with clothes, this will be your BFF (best fashion find).
13. A flutter-sleeve wrap dress made from linen, so you'll look (and feel) calm, cool, and collected in this number.
14. A seamless crop top and biker short set reviewers say has a good amount of stretch but still hugs the body to give you a killer outfit you can rock every single day.
Promising review: "This set is everything! I'm obsessed with the material and how it fits. It looks just like the photos and the color is the same as well. Even my friends were wondering where I got it from, they were shocked to hear Amazon!" —Shannon Peffley
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes S–L and in seven colors).
15. A pair of tencel sleep shorts nice enough that you don't have to change out of them in the morning, which is good because once you put these on, you're not going to want to take them off.
Promising review: "Its HOT in Southern California, and these sleep shorts paired with the matching top have been my go-to for lounging at home. If I had to pick just one half of the outfit though, i'd pick these shorts. On those days where it's too damn hot to wear clothes, these shorts are the closest thing to being naked. The fabric is soft and light, there's no weird bunching or hugging, I just put them on and then forget they are on. With those benefits, I'd accept if they were ugly, but they're not! They're so cute and even a little sexy. If you spent any time hunched over an AC unit in your home this past year, invest in these shorts. I love my past self for recognizing how great these would be for summer, and I love Mate for making them sustainably." —Jen B.
Get them from Mate the Label for $54 (available in sizes XS–3X and in seven colors).
16. A pair of slip flowy pants with slits up the side so the wind can blow through them and make you feel like a model walking down the runway when really you're just strolling down the street.
17. A wrap skirt you'll probably start making up excuses to wear because it's so cute and needs to be shown off. Why yes, you do need to get all dolled up to go the grocery store. Plus, the skirt can even be worn as a swimsuit cover-up. We love the versatility.
18. Slouchy shorts made with fabric that stretches, so they'll look nice no matter if you wear them at home or out.
19. A T-shirt dress in neutral colors you really can't go wrong with this summer. This basic will go the distance and give you a reason to get dressed in the morning.
21. A cami jumper you can wear on its on, with a bralette, tank, T-shirt, or even long-sleeved shirt for a piece that'll work from now till November.
23. A V-neck pleated striped mini dress you can wear for both casual and dressy occasions, and all you have to do is change your shoes.
Promising review: "I love this dress! It came the next day and fits so well! It’s light and airy which keeps you cool. It’s a little short so if you’re not into that, be aware. I dressed it up with heels for a wedding and will be dressing it down with sandals for an easy, breezy summer look. 10/10 recommend." —Katherine Klunder (Fontanez)
Get it from Amazon for $32.99 (available in sizes S-XL and in six colors).
24. A two-piece tank and skirt set made with 5% Spandex, so it will not be a ~stretch~ to say this will quickly become a favorite of yours.
26. A V-neck jumpsuit you can wear with a T-shirt underneath when the weather is cooler or by itself when it's too darn hot out.
27. A V-neck spaghetti strap crop top reviewers say is secure enough to wear without a bra because in the summer, the less clothes you have to wear, the better.
28. Drawstring shorts I'm *pretty sure* Hannah Montana was singing about in her hit Best of Both Worlds because these shorts look nice but are super comfortable.
30. A slip dress made with antimicrobial fabric, so even if you do sweat a lot, you won't start to smell at all.
31. A racerback cami with a built-in bra you'll love so much you'll probably go back and buy more colors — like many other reviewers did. This top will have a constant rotation in your wardrobe.
Promising review: "These tanks are ridiculously comfortable. I sized up and after one, ended up buying in multiple other colors. I’ll wear these all summer with skirts, shorts or to the gym. Really great tanks. 👌🏼" —Marianne Hoffman
Get it from Amazon for $24 (available in sizes XXS–XL and in 15 colors).
32. A maxi dress designed with one of the best features ever — POCKETS. That means you'll have a functional and cute dress to wear whenever you want this summer. Ugh, yes.
35. A two-piece outfit so darling, you'll have to have a photo shoot the minute you put it on because you'll look and feel like a million bucks in it.
36. A pair of linen-blend drawstring shorts made so that even if it is super hot out, the fabric won't stick to your legs, because that is one of the worst feelings ever. And I think we can all agree on that.
Promising review: "You never realized how much you needed these until you put them on. Really great styling and fit. The linen-blend fabric and not too clingy cut keep you cool and comfy on those hot humid summer days. The deep pockets and draw string waist give you added flexibility." —TK
Get them from J. Crew Factory for $19.95 (available in sizes XXS–XXL and in seven colors).